Senior Manager, Planning and Forecasting
City : Toronto, NU, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193183
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The senior manager is responsible for the preparation of the Bank's forecasts and annual profit planning, maintenance of related all-Bank financial models and systems, development of analytical schedules and preparation of key forecast reports and commentaries. The senior manager will play a critical role in supporting the Global Finance organization (VP, EVP and CFO) in key analyses (ad-hoc, forecast, plan) and in preparing the corresponding materials and messaging.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Play a key role in the preparation of the Bank's Plan, 3-Year Strategic financial outlook and forecasts, including presentations to Executive Management and Board of Directors.
- Develop presentation materials for Executive Management and Board of Directors, simplifying complex financial concepts and issues into visual representations, following presentation design best practices.
- Build strong relationships and interact with stakeholders across the forecast and planning process, including FP&A business line teams, corporate functions finance, capital management and GRM to ensure deadlines are met and forecast and planning information is correct.
- Review business line, capital, treasury and All-Bank submissions for forecast and Plan, identifying and explaining significant variances and trends, and preparing written commentary.
- Review and analyze business line and All-Bank actual results along with month/month, quarter/quarter and year/year variances and summarize analyses for management reporting.
- Maintain forecast and plan models.
- Play a key role in FP&A related technology projects and identify opportunities to leverage technology to improve analytics and reporting.
- Participate in quarter-end and year-end activities, including preparation of internal materials for the Bank Executives and Board of Directors
- Support Global FP&A Director and VP in ad-hoc analyses, which require financial modeling and preparation of presentations. Participate in other Finance projects as may be required.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Strong analytical skills to identify and evaluate trends and other financial information, and to make recommendations to senior Global Finance leaders.
- Strong inter-personal skills in dealing with all levels of management.
- Well developed communications skills to convey key messages, both verbal and written, to senior and executive management
- Superior Excel spreadsheet skills to update, enhance and develop new models; and superior PowerPoint skills to convey key messages and charts in report presentations to senior management.
- Proven track record of building presentation material for a senior executive audience
- Superior OBI, Hyperion and banking systems skills and experience.
- Anaplan knowledge and experience considered an asset
- Other dashboard skills such as Power BI, Tableau is an asset
- Sound accounting knowledge to understand accounting performance measurement targets.
- Strong attention to detail in updating and developing financial models, system enhancements and to ensure a consistent quality of reporting to Executive Management.
- Post secondary degree in Finance and Accounting with a minimum of 5 years banking experience.
- Accounting or post graduate designation is an asset (CPA, MBA or CFA)
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.