Senior Manager, Physical & Personnel Security
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Corporate Services
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 409352
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Security and Resiliency, the Senior Manager, Physical and Personnel Security is responsible to manage the corporate physical security program, including its direction and application, and to supervise the team of professional experts. The program objective is to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Bell’s, and its subsidiaries information, assets and employees.
The successful candidate will significantly contribute to the protection of one of the country’s national critical infrastructures, in addition to executing a variety of interesting and compelling security projects as part of a team of experts and seasoned managers.
The successful candidate must provide strategic and tactical team leadership in regards to the maintenance, development and changes required to ensure the physical security program pertinence.
The Senior Manager, Physical and Personnel Security is responsible for:
- Manage the corporate physical security program aimed at reducing risks, costs, liabilities, and protecting Bell’s brand
- Ensure the evaluation, development, enhancement, implementation and maintenance of the corporate physical security program
- Mobilize actively all program associated stakeholders
- Ensure the end to end management of all new physical security implementations, improve projects (including all phases of development, design, installation, and inspections) prevention, detection, reaction and operations
- Ensure the development of comprehensive physical security plans for new infrastructure projects or in response to changing business requirements
- Ensure the assessment of site vulnerabilities, control efficiency and the development of remediation strategies and recommendations
- Manage physical security life cycle budget planning, including equipment implementation and replacement
- Promote Security awareness and provide guidance to Bell employees in regards to physical security
- Ensure the optimization of physical security documentation, including directives, procedures, standards, etc. in order to ensure effectiveness and to validate against industry best practices
- Manage relationships with equipment and service providers
- Coordinate physical security incident response
- Coordinate and contibute, as required, to corporate emergency response
- Minimum of ten years of experience in managing physical security including planning, prevention, detection, reaction and operations
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing complex internal and external relationships, in a multitasking environment
- Proven track record of building positive relationships; demonstrated ability to navigate corporate teams and influence them to join initiatives that benefit the entire company
- Financial and investment budget planning skills, including expense controls
- Proven experience in external vendors and service providers
- Extraordinary interpersonal relationship and communication skills, and professional decorum during times of high stress or conflict
- High level of moral responsibility in terms of professionalism, integrity and dedication
- Availability to manage incidents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with alternating shifts, in order to respond to business and client needs
- Proven change agent
- Abilities to manage a geographically dispersed team
- University degree and/or relevant experience
- PC proficiency (Microsoft Office, Windows, Outlook)
- Recognized professional certification (ex.: CPP, PSP, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of asset protection principles, crime prevention, physical security technology and the implementation of electronic access control and surveillance systems
- Knowledge of the security industry players and the business dynamic between manufacturers, service providers and users
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of responsibility
- Leadership, initiative, flexibility and autonomy
- Experience developing and performing threat and risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, facility security surveys
- High degree of motivation and independence, and solid interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong capabilities to deal with stressful and ambiguous situations, and establish priorities
- Flexible and able to adapt to complex and quickly changing environments.
- The candidate agrees to undergo pre-employment screening, including criminal record and employment reference check.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain a Federal security clearance to secret level
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/24/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.