Senior Manager, Payments and Cash Management, Commercial Banking, Vancouver
City : Vancouver, BC, CA, V2Y0G9
Category : Account Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174656
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of a portfolio of clients in Canadian Business Banking focusing on payments and Cash Management needs/products/services as well as Deposit products, and ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The focus of sales efforts will be on providing business clients in the mid-market and large commercial marketplace with solutions for payments and cash management as well as deposits.
The Sr. Manager, Payment & Cash Management, is a specialist who possesses a strong understanding of both payment and cash management products as well as deposit options. He or She is responsible for negotiating and structuring directly with the client to ensure solutions offered meet the client’s needs in a manner consistent with the overall Canadian Business Banking strategy of developing a customer focused sales culture and adhering to governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
He/She will work closely with Client Relationship Manager to ensure the products and services offered to the client are properly identified and notified to the client. He/She is responsible for recommending pricing and preparing proposals to meet Bank's credit criteria, as well as coordinating that documentation is prepared and accurate.
Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Undergraduate degree in business or economics or work equivalency
- Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Previous work experience of at least 2-5 years is preferred
- Very strong sales/closing skills, strong networking ability, strong negotiation skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Good knowledge of credit skills
- Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials for deals of moderate to higher complexity
- Through knowledge of relationship building and teamwork skills
- A strong knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada and a detailed knowledge of the assigned market area’s key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area. The incumbent understands the Canadian Business Banking objectives, and has a thorough knowledge of segment, strategies and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Good knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
- Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other commercial systems and platforms.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.