Senior Manager, OTC Confirmations
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business Operations Specialist
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188979
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Manager, OTC Confirmations – GWO - Toronto, ON
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
What You’ll Do
The trade confirmation process performed by Global Wholesale Operations (GWO) is a key control within Scotiabank’s Global Banking and Markets (GBM) trading environment.
The GWO Over-the-Counter (OTC) Confirmations department’s primary responsibilities are to ensure trades are booked correctly by affirming trades with counterparties, to negotiate and execute confirmations.
The Senior Manager, OTC Confirmations, is responsible for leading and managing an OTC Confirmations team, ensuring confirmations meet Bank standards. This includes managing day to day operations, staff development, performance management, continuous improvement of processes and controls, strategic use of technology, as well as the proactive identification and incorporation of changes required to support new regulations, changing business needs, and senior management’s strategies and goals.
The Senior Manager coordinates work items and projects and manages relationships with external trade counterparties and internal partners including the Front Office (FO), Operations, Technology, Legal Counsel, Risk Management and Compliance, both locally and internationally.
- Ensure a high degree of processing accuracy, customer service, operational efficiency, and conformity to Bank policies and external regulations.
- Initiate and/or manage operational, regulatory, and technology change initiatives.
- Ensure risk inherent in the trade confirmation process is identified, understood, monitored, and controlled.
- Ensure delivery of high quality of customer service
- Manage and develop staff to ensure efficient operations, high quality of work, attainment of objectives, and a high calibre of employees:
- Develop succession plans and future leadership within the team
What You’ll Bring
- University degree in Engineering, Business, Law, or other relevant backgrounds
- Strong leadership, coaching and managerial capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of OTC traded products, and deep industry and best practice knowledge of ISDA OTC trade confirmations (specifically FX Options and Commodities products)
- Accurate and detail oriented with an analytical mind and the ability to detect, articulate, and effectively escalate and resolve issues with urgency.
- Strong technology, automation, and process reengineering skills - passion and track record of excellence in improving processes, productivity, controls, and customer service.
Work Arrangement: This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That is why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.