Senior Manager, Operational Effectiveness
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176640
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Operational Effectiveness & Controls team, contributes to the governance and controls of business processes or technology applications that enable the generation of key monthly or quarterly deliverables that contribute to the success of the Financial Management team in assist of Retail Small Business Wealth Management Credit Risk.
The team oversees the process governance, operational controls and change management associated with critical end to end processes that assist measurement of Allowance for Credit Losses, production of critical risk reports and delivery of regulatory reporting for global retail portfolios in accordance to bank standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The incumbent will oversee representing the needs of the end users as well as ensuring solutions that are implemented are fit for purpose while recommending opportunities to standardize and improve efficiencies in alignment to the Bank’s Strategic Objectives.
- Lead the review and analysis of existing or new business requirements for global retail loan loss provisions processes including the associated approval and change management required
- Facilitate requirement clarification sessions across project work streams and stakeholders from business and technology teams to align understanding to assist agile project delivery
- Coordinate sprint planning and release schedules to ensure synergies to deployments as well as inter-dependencies with operational calendar (quarter-end activities)
- Facilitate operational incident resolution by working with peers or other data SMEs across operations and technology to ensure timely delivery of key monthly or quarterly deliverables
- Assist the development and testing of key reports to identify validation issues that may arise in the mapping and transformation of data from end to end processes for different purposes across Financial Management team to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Provide effective metrics to measure overall performance and efficiency of resources, processes and operations including trend analysis for reported incidents
- Liaise across functional groups within Financial Management to understand impact of change and assist in the prioritization of product backlog to ensure agile development and delivery.
- Keep updated on latest risk and regulatory compliance trends to ensure continuous improvement of business and solution architecture to enable the design of effective operational processes
- 5+ years’ experience in credit risk modeling or reporting for either retail or wholesale products
- Working knowledge of regulations and current regulatory issues related to risk management. (e.g., IFRS9, OSFI)
- Strong data analysis / mining skills (e.g. Advanced MS Excel/Access, SQL, SAS, R, Tableau, Python)
- Familiar with quantitative modeling skills (e.g., Advanced statistical or microeconometric methods)
- Strong Communication skills (written & verbal), Spanish would be an asset
- Working knowledge of agile development methods and testing tools (Hive QL, JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow) would be preferred.
- Previous experience in internal audit or project management would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.