Senior Manager, IT Compliance
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171814
Salary Range: 106,400.00 - 203,600.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Senior Manager, IT Compliance to join our growing team! The objective of this position is to provide compliance coverage, (i.e., advice/guidance, monitoring, training and other compliance-related support) specific to Information Technology (“IT”) / Information Security(“IS”)-related compliance risk to the Combined U.S. Operations of The Bank of Nova Scotia (the “Bank”), US Scotia Capital (USA) Inc. (“SCUSA”), and their affiliates (collectively “Scotiabank”). An emphasis will be placed on ensuring that the corporate functions supporting Scotiabank are complying with IT and IS applicable laws, regulations and SRO rules and have appropriate policies, procedures and controls relating to such requirements. If you would like to join a dynamic and passionate team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive compliance program for the U.S. corporate functions in coordination with other compliance teams including Enterprise Compliance, Global GBM Compliance, US Compliance advisory teams, and the US Compliance Controls & Processes team.
- Working with IT and IS to ensure that Scotiabank complies with applicable laws, regulations and best practices associated with business continuity, information security, cyber security, data integrity, access controls and change controls.
- Ensuring that corporate functions have (and maintain) appropriate policies, procedures, and controls addressing applicable laws, regulations, SRO rules, and industry best practices and monitoring adherence with such policies, procedures and controls.
- Providing regular reports to Bank/SCUSA management, corporate function management and Compliance management and escalate any material matters to senior compliance officers and senior management as appropriate.
- Assisting with reviews and investigations of potential violations or breaches of applicable laws, regulation or internal policies involving corporate functions, including assisting with the identification of root causes and the development and implementation of remediation plans.
- Assisting second line Testing team in (i) identifying high risk areas within corporate functions, (ii) develop effective testing methodologies, (iii) completing testing reviews in a timely manner, and (iv) prepare clear and accurate test results with actionable recommendations.
- Assisting the Regulatory Relations team with regulatory examinations and inquiries including Federal Reserve Board, FRBNY, New York State Department of Financial Services, SEC, FINRA, and CFT.
- Maintaining an awareness of and monitor the regulatory environment for emerging legislation and policy statements, along with relevant trends and industry best practices applicable to the Bank/SCUSA through review of publications, participation in industry associations, contact with regulators, and liaison with counsel and auditors.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned from time
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of compliance or related IT and IS experience, preferably supporting corporate functions related to IT and IS.
- Experience/background in compliance applicable to broker-dealer, internal inspections, institutional trading & sales, investment banking, commercial banking, investment management, and corporate functions within investment or commercial bank or institutional broker-dealer is preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of applicable SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, Federal and state banking rules applicable to non-US banks conducting institutional trading & sales, investment banking, investment management, and commercial banking in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to identify risks in order to proactively escalate to relevant senior management.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple management levels, jurisdictions, business lines and support functions to drive results.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction, deliver product of the appropriate quality, set goals and manage priorities.
- Ability to coordinate potentially competing deliverables and timelines.
- Experience operating and coordinating programs across large matrixed organizations.
- Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimum BA/BS or international equivalent. Post graduate degree (JD or MBA) a plus.
- Securities licenses, e.g., Series 24, 27, or 99 strongly preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.