Senior Manager, International Wealth Structuring & Global Family Office Group
City : Miami, FL, US, 33131
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176537
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose: The Senior Manager will act as the primary support to the International Wealth Structuring specialists who are based in multiple jurisdictions. The team objectives are to support and meet the cross-border wealth structuring needs of high-net-worth individuals, the Family Enterprise Groups controlled by them, purposes, faith, and philanthropic organizations. As such, the incumbent will play a critical role in supporting the achievement of challenging volume and revenue growth objectives.
As part of International Wealth Management, you will support wealth structuring specialists in implementing business strategies, promoting the Wealth Management offering, establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders internal partners. Support is provided on various levels, including preparation of legal and account opening documentation, supporting various asset holding structures such as Private Trusts, Foundations and Private Investment Companies etc. The role will also require the Senior Manager to serve as key communicator between the Wealth Structuring specialists and their internal and external stakeholders, representing and championing Wealth Structuring needs and requirements on initiatives and building awareness of Wealth Structuring as a centre of excellence and client-oriented service delivery. Working closely with Group Lead and other Directors, the incumbent will also be a key point of contact for the Fiduciary Service Centers.
This is an excellent development role that will provide the incumbent hands-on development and coaching from working closely with the Group Lead and other Directors, International Wealth Structuring; receiving on-the-job training, technical training, job shadowing and partner education. The role will provide the foundational skills and experience required for those aspiring to become a Director, International Wealth Structuring.
New Business Approval and Set-up
• Provide information to the Fiduciary Service Centres for the efficient servicing of referred relationships including details on assets to be held, the funding process account statements, asset manager, bank, and brokerage, custodian account opening mandates, contracts, fee schedules, supporting legal opinions, and; work with the units to facilitate the funding of new fiduciary structures.
• Submit New Business Committee documentation package to support presentations made to the NBC for approval.
• Collaborate with the Fiduciary center for the completion of the structure documentation.
• Track and record completion of outcomes of referred business.
• Support the Director and Group Lead International Wealth Structuring in Sales Management
• Work in partnership with IIA/IPB and Wealth Structurers in order to help on the referral process and get the sales pipeline moving.
• Support Directors, International Wealth Structuring with prospect activities including:
• Act as liaison to internal and external stakeholders and partners by receiving referrals and coordinating partner and/or prospect contact via a Director, International Wealth Structuring.
• Schedule and prepare presentations and/or proposals to prospects, stakeholders, partners to support prospect meetings and/or informational presentations on Wealth Structuring offering, value proposition.
• On a periodic basis, accompany / travel with Directors, International Wealth Structuring and participate in prospect and / or partner meetings.
• Act as primary back-up during absences; handling calls and / or visits, inquiries or matters requiring
• Attend / participate in Industry events as required.
Adherence and Compliance with Scotiabank Policies and Procedures
• Adhere to all Scotiabank standards, policies and business practices and ensure you are meeting the appropriate regulatory and compliance requirements as they relate to both new and existing prospects and accounts.
• Manage the partner referral report on behalf of the Wealth Structuring group; work with each Director
to follow on prospects and tracking deals to refer.
• Maintain effective communication with EO, Group Lead and Directors, International Wealth
Structuring to ensure the highest level of external and internal support and service.
• Prepare as needed business analytics to support the growth of the business.
• Positive consideration given to previous experience in Trust and Estate industry with cross border
• Demonstrated track record in relationship/client interaction including minimum 2 years of direct client
• Robust background in Banking & Wealth Management with an ability to prospect
• Excellent networking, sales and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal, influencing skills required in support of prospect and stakeholder
communication and interaction
• Ability to work independently and coordinate / prioritize deliverables with minimal direction
• Confidence when dealing with sophisticated prospects.
• Conscientious individual with a high level of attention to detail
• Bilingual English/Spanish is Required
• Advanced degree – M.B.A. or L.L.B./M.
• Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) preferred
• Successful candidate will be required to commence TEP studies immediately and work towards achieving accreditation within 2 years and to maintain STEP designation and pro-actively seek courses for self-improvement to perform their job at the highest possible level.
Location(s): United States : Florida : Miami
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.