Senior Manager Internal Audit
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As the Senior Manager, Wealth Management Internal Audit, you will provide independent and objective assessment of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal controls and governance processes, and fraud prevention and detection in the Wealth Management (WM) platform of RBC. You will help to create solutions that support units in complying with regulatory requirements, following RBC policies and implementing industry best practices. You will gain exposure to RBC products, services, businesses, platforms to become a subject matter expert.
The RBC CAE Group leverages a unique perspective— with a coordinated view across the entire business—to deliver valuable advice that not only gives assurance, but that illuminates a bigger picture, connects dots, builds best practices and broadens possibilities. We connect intelligence to protect and enable RBC.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with other auditors/audit groups to effectively plan and execute audits in accordance with audit standards
- On certain engagements, lead a team of professional auditors and be responsible for all aspects of an audit.
- Draft the audit plan that ensures adequate coverage of all areas of an audit to permit the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and risk management practices to senior management.
- Assess effectiveness of internal controls, risk management practices and governance processes in order to draw conclusions to complete the audit programs.
- Effectively manage relationships and build credibility with audit clients, including the provision of timely updates through effective and clear communication
- Discover patterns, insights, trends and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets and visualization tools and develop requests for advanced analytics by providing detailed and clear questions to the Data Analyst or Data Scientist.
- Maintain proactive and ongoing monitoring and discussions with business leaders
- Keep abreast of organizational, regulatory, product, strategic and financial changes and/or trends impacting Wealth Management business platform.
What do you need to succeed?
- You hold a designation in good standing in one or more of the following; CIA, CPA/CA, CFA or similar equivalent undergraduate degree with a financial services background.
- Demonstrated experience with audit methodologies and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate a wide variety of complex information in both oral and written format
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of audit experience
- In-depth knowledge of business, and functions of Wealth Management.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills to mitigate conflicts arising from difficult situations
- Ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new services and/ or routines, products related to Wealth Management and to formulate practical audit procedures to adequately monitor new risk and ensure adherence to limits.
- Knowledge of Canadian, US and International regulatory standards, auditing standards and business processes in the financial securities environment.
- Understanding of Advanced Analytics and data visualization tools and reporting.
- Understanding of general IT risks in order to identify the key risks and controls in the business process or activity being audited.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.