Senior Manager, Identity and Access Management Strategy, (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the Opportunity?
In this senior role, you will be responsible for driving strategic and regulatory engagements across technical teams, functions, and lines of business for IAM. You will lead the technology research, planning, design, development, and implementation of diverse and highly complex Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions used to secure and manage internal (employee) and external (client) identities. Moreover, you will work with your peers on the Strategy team to formulate the overall strategic goals and prioritization.
What will you do?
- Contribute and drive various IAM strategic initiatives; provide technology thought-leadership and strategic solutions that enhances and supports business processes and enables IT Risk Functional Unit in achieving their goals.
- Develop comprehensive IAM initiative project plans/roadmaps, detailed business requirements, workflows, and user stories to ensure project investments are moving RBC in the direction of the articulated future-state.
- Provide leadership and expert counsel in establishing and implementing standards, guidelines, and best practices from an IAM perspective as well as risk mitigation perspective.
- Identifying and documenting all required activities to address any regulatory or audit requirements on an ongoing basis (preparing all deliverables including process documentation, control documentation, gap analysis, reporting, etc.).
- Perform IAM assessment activities and identify and drive remediation activities including assisting with the onboarding/implementation of controls and ensuring findings exist where applicable. Assisting business owners with what constitutes successful implementation.
- Identifying and planning of remediation of any gaps. Building plans, tracking, and monitoring of remediation efforts by IAM or application owners.
- Performing planning activities along with PMO to request any required planning, funding and resourcing activities to implement IAM solutions.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and various Business partners to enhance and drive the overall technology strategy and to achieve business alignment and strategic business objectives.
- Participate and contribute to the definition of overall systems architecture to support the business objectives and to ensure that there is a consistent use of technology and architecture.
- Collaborating with internal and external customers, vendors, and cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development and rollout of new features for IAM.
- Champions the creation of metrics and manages with a higher level of information i.e., at the trends and management indicator level; differentiates between project and program metrics.
- Promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices.
What do you need to Succeed?
- Significant experience in an IT Risk and controls role (knowledge Audit or lines of defense processes)
- +10 years in technology role related to strategy, operations, and / or projects.
- Experience managing projects from end to end and the overall driving to delivery.
- Ability to identify and mitigate gaps in all aspects of an organization’s IAM maturity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience preparing clear and concise executive materials.
- Experience with Microsoft project.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of IAM products, relevant technology, and industry best practices
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of IT Standards, Methodologies, and audit requirements
- Experience in Customer Identity and Access Management
- Diverse experience with a variety of technologies/standards including Mobile, Web, Directories, MFA, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, Cloud
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving mutual success.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.