Senior manager, IB Compliance, GBM & T Program
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178178
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Supports the Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) Program for GBM&T business lines operating in International Banking (IB) countries, to ensure it is executed and managed in a manner compliant with governing regulations globally, and is in accordance with the Bank’s business strategies, plans, initiatives, internal policies, standards, and procedures.
- Support the Bank’s strategic objectives by working with senior management to support the ‘Tone from the Top’ (Winning Team, Customer First, Lead in The Americas, Keeping the Bank Safe, Committing to Our Communities) by consistently communicating and reinforcing the message so that the objectives is achieved in a compliant manner.
- Ensure that the Global Banking & Markets and Treasury (GBM&T) Compliance program is properly executed in International Banking locations working in collaboration with the subject matter experts in GBM&T Compliance, who are responsible for the global standards for their areas and provide expert advice & counsel to Compliance and Business lines.
- Provide independent oversight and effective challenge across IB RCM Program for activities which may expose the bank to compliance risks across the 8 pillars, as well as conduct, ABAC and privacy risk. Support and inform the CCO opinion on the adequacy of and adherence to and effectiveness of compliance related activities of the IB RCM program. This includes reporting to management & various committees and acting as delegate to the SVP of IB and CF Compliance, as required.
- Identify, assess, communicate, and mitigate Compliance risks, maintain oversight and awareness of applicable regulations, and provide advice and guidance to local Compliance and IB Internal Control, particularly where issues are raised in regulatory and audit reports and oversee corrective measures.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry developments globally to ensure compliance risks are being properly identified and mitigated. The position should identify opportunities for technology and process improvement that could enhance the effectiveness or efficiency of the Compliance program.
- Participate in an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to regulatory compliance risk and conduct risk. This includes but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, Privacy Risk Framework, and the Code of Conduct.
- Develop, implement, and maintain applicable global frameworks and standards, policies, procedures and related documentation relevant to IB Compliance.
- Assist with the review of governance documents translated into Spanish and support the Director in the deliver of Compliance trainings to respective stakeholder.
- In addition to supporting the Director on redacting monthly key risk/events reports presented to management, the Senior Manager will assist in the reporting of violations to the GBM&T Consequence Management Committee.
- Develop strategic relationships and collaborate with Internal Control, Corporate Functions, Global Compliance, Business Line Compliance (CB, GWI and GBM&T), CF Compliance, Local Compliance and Enterprise Compliance Programs to ensure Scotiabank Global Compliance has a coordinated, efficient, and effective Compliance Program.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite should be considered in day-to-day activities, measured, monitored, and reported.
- Post-secondary education with relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a CF, business line, regulatory compliance, operations, technology, audit, or risk management function
- Ability to be part of a high performing, flexible team environment across multiple jurisdictions
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations, products & services, technology, and operations with a general understanding of different legal systems applicable to the jurisdictions the Bank operates in.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and results orientated, and data driven approach in decision making
- Experience with providing insights to and interacting with the CFs/business lines/Global Ops
- Experience using analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Power BI
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.