Senior Manager, HR Business Partner (18 month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Human Resources Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 157123
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Director, Human Resources (Global Operations) and Corporate Functions within Global Operations (Global Regulatory Operations & Internal Controls and Operations & Corporate Services) on talent needs and delivery of HR strategic plans and initiatives.
The Senior Manager provides HR advice and counsel to SVPs & VPs with regards to all aspects of the employee lifecycle (including workforce planning, development, engagement and leadership) as well as relating to organizational design and change management. The Senior Manager established strong relationships with its stakeholders and internal partners, leveraging Communities of Expertise (CoEs) for overall strategies and guidelines, and HR Services for reporting and support.
This role is a temporary role replacing a leave of absence of an estimated 12 months, including a transition period.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Participate and represent HR in strategic business plan development and on-going business meetings / decisions with business line leaders. Identifies the right HR strategy and solutions to meet business objectives, provide strategic direction for the business.
- Own the talent strategy for the business and provides strategic insights and solutions to leaders on talent priorities and needs. Delivers input and feedback on program / policy design to the Director and COEs and provide recommendations on program execution.
- Facilitate local HR regulatory compliance needs (e.g. reporting) with HR Services. Collaborate with HR Services to deploy services that are required to be executed in the areas of development & training, recruitment & onboarding, performance and compensation reviews. Provide support for escalated cases from HR Services.
- Proactively utilize a wide range of HR data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective HR strategies to meet the business needs.
- Advocate and champion the HR operating model within the business. Proactively contributes to the transformation of the HR operating model, with the aim of creating a globally integrated function that is scalable, flexible, and efficient.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with focus on business/human resources or work related experience.
- CHRP, CHRL or other HR designation, or in progress is an asset.
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be an asset.
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to establish positive relationships at all levels of the organization through effective collaboration
- At ease coaching leaders and peers to guide them towards a desirable outcome
- Strategic thinker, able to connect elements to inform solutions and proactively address issues
- Results focused, energized by working in a fast paced, very high-volume environment
- Excellent project management skills to oversee execution of complex strategies, adopting strong change management practices.
- Curious and open to continuous learning with an appetite for using data to inform decisions
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.