Senior Manager, Head of Lending Services, APAC
City : Singapore, 01, SG, 048583
Category : General and Operations Manager
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 189861
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Leads and oversees the Lending Services - Corporate Credit Services, in APAC, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Provides effective leadership to the team and be the subject matter liaison between front and back office, as well as other branches, by providing direction to the team on all Lending Services related products, policies, and procedures necessary to meet customers’ requirements.
- Leads the team to support the development and growth of the Bank’s business by ensuring that service levels meet customer needs timely and accurately in consistent with Scotiabank service Standards.
- Prioritizes departmental activities and organizing / assigning staff and other resources as required to meet business objectives and attain required results.
- Monitors work in progress / daily transaction volumes via various daily / weekly / monthly management information and control reports and providing direction and follow-up as necessary.
- Thinks strategically and acting as a change agent; driving/contributing to operational changes that benefit Scotiabank globally.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares for project type activities that require other than established procedures and implementing required changes to related processes and systems.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- At least 10-15 years working experience in Corporate Credit Services / Lending Services.
- The incumbent needs to possess strong operational knowledge in loans processing.
- Good working knowledge of the system LOAN IQ is an advantage.
- Working on initiatives on process enhancement, re-engineering, and with ability to review and assess market changes that has an impact to the business or process.
- As the functional head in APAC, the role holder needs to demonstrate a strong leadership, good communication skills to deal with stakeholders, and supervisory/motivational and organizational abilities.
- Strong management skills which include diplomacy and sound human relations skills required for the management of staff and to foster efficient interaction with management staff of other departments and customers; ability to effectively delegate, team building, and provide coaching and feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Adaptability to manage in a rapidly changing environment regarding policies, procedures, automated systems and client needs.
Location(s): Singapore : Singapore : Singapore
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.