Senior Manager, Group Strategy
City : Toronto - 100 Adelaide St W
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology & Financial Services
Employer : TMX Group
Venture outside the ordinary - TMX Careers
The TMX group of companies includes leading global exchanges such as the Toronto Stock Exchange, Montreal Exchange, and numerous innovative organizations enhancing capital markets. United as a global team, we’re connecting cross-functionally, traversing industries and geographies, moving opportunity into action, advancing global economic growth, and propelling progress. Through a rich exchange of ideas, meaningful collaboration, and a nimble operating model, we're powering some of the nation's most critical systems, fueling capital formation and innovation, bringing increased opportunity to business visionaries, product ingenuity to consumers, and career exploration to our team.
Ready to be part of the action?Reporting to the Director, Group Strategy & Integration, the candidate will collaborate with TMX’s wider Business Unit (BU) strategy teams and Corporate Development teams to develop the company’s strategic plan for growth in alignment with the direction set by the Chief Strategy & Innovation Office (CSIO) and the TMX Senior Management Team (SMT).
The Strategy Senior Manager will accelerate TMX’s performance through the analysis of the internal business, and the external operating and competitive environment, to build a pipeline of strategic opportunities to grow the business. In doing so, the team will apply a dedicated focus on long-term shareholder value creation.
- Support the development and evolution of the enterprise strategic plan for the organization. (periodic reviews and stress testing, and identification of cross-BU opportunities)
- Own the strategic planning process across TMX’s BUs, focusing on long term trends and competitive intelligence, and incorporating new products and services, M&A, partnerships and strategic investments
- Develop clear communication materials to share findings and recommendations to the CEO, SMT, Board of Directors, and team members
Strategy Analysis and Execution
- Perform competitive and financial analyses to identify new growth opportunities as input into strategic planning, and to support decision-making for the BUs and SMT
- Perform in-depth analysis of new verticals for expansion, develop business cases, and identify, evaluate and build a pipeline of inorganic options
- Research industry trends in new technologies and services while consulting and engaging with wider teams to facilitate the adoption of relevant ideas internally at TMX
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Development team on the evaluation and execution of acquisitions and define an integrated strategy execution process
- Support integration efforts across the organization, which could include due diligence, target operating model design, and project management
- Strategy acumen with 7-10 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or an in-house strategy function, preferably in the financial services industry
- MBA or Masters level education preferred
- Strong research and financial modeling skills, including business case development
- Analytical and project management skills, comfortable working with ambiguity
- Delivering above expectations and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills; developing a network of relationships across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who is curious and is looking for new opportunities to learn
Nice to haves:
- Financial designation (CPA, CFA)
- PMP certification
Note: Hybrid Role - Toronto office
In the market for…
Excitement - Explore emerging technology and innovation, as well as ventures and digital finance that shape the future of global markets! Experience the movement of the market while grounded in the stability of close to 200 years of success.
Connection - With site hubs in some of the world’s most multicultural cities, we leverage our size and structure to create rich connections and belonging while experiencing powerful global impact through our work.
Impact - More than a platform, we use our talents to power mission-critical systems that drive global economic advancement, innovation, and growth. As well, our employee-led Team Impact spreads social good via our giving strategy.
Wellness - From empathetic leadership to a culture of flexibility and balance, we believe wellness at work creates the maximum yield and a stronger “we”. Plus, with a cloud-first and hybrid workstyle, as well as generous time-off and leaves, we support a life well lived!
Growth - From a growth mindset in our work, to expansion in our business, TMX is home to action-takers energized by the achievement of ambitious growth.
Ready to enrich your career with impactful work, leaders who truly care, and the flexibility and programs to help you thrive as part of #TeamTMX ? Apply now.
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.