Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Strategic Partnerships – BC and MB
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Jul 18 2023
**The ideal candidate will be based in BC and this position will require frequent travel within British Columbia and Manitoba**
Are you energized by the challenge of an ever-evolving environment, rich with complexity and diversity? If so, this Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Strategic Partnerships role in British Columbia and Manitoba could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
As the Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Strategic Partnerships in British Columbia and Manitoba you will lead the strategic priorities for GSK with the Government of British Columbia and the Government of Manitoba to drive policy and market access initiatives aligned to business objectives and position GSK as an industry leader and preferred business partner.
Details (Your Responsibilities): This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Successful candidate must have the ability (expertise) to thrive in an ambiguous environment, have a sense of urgency, leadership and self-starting initiative to:
- Build strategic relationships internally and externally, and enable the right customer connections to achieve business objectives
- Develop strong customer relationships within key branches of the Ministry of Health, including the Drug plan as well other Ministries such as Economic Development, Red Tape, Finance and Premier’s office
- Develop and implement strategies to increase understanding of GSK’s business and issues amongst policy makers and influential third parties in British Columbia and Manitoba
- Acts as a key spokesperson with government and third-parties on government and policy-related issues
- Shape the commercial environment to optimize opportunities and manage challenges to GSK business
- Tracks legislation/regulation proposed by government bodies and works with cross functional team to develop appropriate responses
- Work with IMC in achieving associated Policy & Market Access objectives
- Demonstrate strategic Regional Customer Engagement planning and execution to deliver Public reimbursement aligned to business objectives, in both pharmaceuticals and vaccines
- Co-ordinate and align regional reimbursement strategies with Market Access Strategists by ensuring regional insights are embedded
- Proactively identify mechanisms that lead to accelerated product performance post-reimbursement in appropriate patients
- Actively shares insights, knowledge and experience with members of the broader team, and contributes to collaborative efforts across the team
- Understand and develop opportunities for strategic partnerships in British Columbia and Manitoba to drive policy Initiatives
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree completed
- Valid driver's license*
- Previous work in Government or calling on Government, preferably in British Columbia and Manitoba
- Knowledge of Provincial & National drug policy framework
- Broad knowledge of healthcare issues and the pharmaceutical / Life Science industry
- Firm understanding of the unique pharmaceutical market, customer, patient and health care system
- Strong track record of delivering results in a quick-changing and high-energy environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute comprehensive, innovative strategic action plans
- Proven ability to multi-task across a wide range of complex issues, and to lead complex projects to completion
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills in a cross-functional matrix team environment
- Proven experience in effective customer relationship management & contact planning
- Outstanding technical written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to travel in both British Columbia and Manitoba (ideally candidate will reside in BC)
*This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA an asset
- Expertise in British Columbia political landscape
- Experience working in GSK therapeutic areas
- Expert knowledge of the territory and organization analysis
- Proficiency with Excel and analytics tools
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our R&D focus is to deliver a new generation of vaccines and medicines using the science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies to get ahead of infectious diseases, HIV, cancer and other immune-mediated and respiratory diseases. We do all this with a commitment to operate responsibly for all our stakeholders by prioritising Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Our bold ambitions for patients are reflected in new commitments to growth and a significant step-change in delivery over the next five years. This means more GSK vaccines and medicines, including innovative new products, will reach more people who need them than ever before.
We have long believed that building trust is key to stronger performance, helping to create value for shareholders, impact for patients and society and a reason outstanding people choose to work for and with us. That’s why being a responsible business is an integral part of our strategy. Taking action on environmental, social and governance issues is a key driver in our strategy.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Find out more:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.