Senior Manager, Front Office HR Business Partner – 12mth FTC
City : London, ENG, GB
Category : Human Resources Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176663
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the HR team in Europe ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for coaching and acting as trusted advisor to senior business leaders within the Capital Markets, Corporate and Investment Banking and Global Business Payments teams in Europe on people related topics, opportunities and talent strategies, providing guidance on sensitive, confidential and complex HR matters
The HRBP works with the business line and/ or regional leadership teams to translate their business objectives into people strategy; developing and implementing short and long term programs and initiatives, leveraging guidelines and tools created in Communities of Expertise (CoEs).
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the business groups, gaining a solid understanding of their business strategies, goals and objectives. Participates in HR strategy development and deploys strategic solutions to meet these.
- Coaches and develops leaders and managers to deliver people management capabilities. Provides people related advice, strategies and solutions using best practice tools and assets developed by CoEs, providing timely feedback to the CoEs for continuous improvement.
- Partners with GBM HR, Corporate HR and other key internal partners, leveraging knowledge and best practices to ensure that HR programs and initiatives are planned, coordinated and successfully implemented in a consistent manner across both Europe and the global audience.
- Develops and provides a range of management reports and metrics, using data and trend analysis to drive decisions and provide value-added solutions.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships, leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge and drive cultural change.
- Maintains an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in HR and financial services, liaising with peers, both within and outside of Scotiabank to ensure policies and procedures stay current and market competitive, whilst reflecting the Scotiabank values and Code of Conduct.
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Manager - Compensation, Senior Manager- Resourcing and Senior Manager - SMCR to deliver a seamless end to end service to the business and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the Director -HR Operations & Governance, Senior Manager - HR Experience & Employee Lifecycle Management and Legal to ensure all operational and employee relations matters are handled in a timely manner with fairness, equity and transparency.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Creates an environment conducive to individual development, productivity and achievement, ensuring open lines of communication.
- Leads or participates in cross-functional HR working groups and providing input on the design and implementation of all-bank HR programs, policies and procedures to ensure programs meet business needs.
- Solid relevant HR experience.
- Professional HR designation or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred: experience in Financial Services, supporting the Front Office business and experience at a management level in HR.
The incumbent must have/develop the following experience and skills to be successful:
- Good understanding of the business from an organisational perspective including matrix relationships and geographies.
- Good knowledge of Global HR and each area's business objectives, policies and internal operating environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Bank's HR policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank's Leadership strategy.
- Good business acumen to be able to align business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals to maximize shareholder value.
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and customer service skills to build effective partnerships with GBM business line management, GBM HR and other key partners, having the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Results focused with the ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions and recommendations to complex and multi-dimensional issues.
- Intuitive and forward thinking with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and project management skills and proven ability to successfully deliver/ implement/ execute initiatives, processes and policies.
- Proficient computing skills including the Microsoft suite and bespoke internal systems and tools.
Location(s): England : Greater London : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.