Senior Manager, Financial Planning Services
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning Services is responsible for the management and oversees the services provided by a group of financial planning analysts and software support teams within the RBC Wealth Management Canada framework. As a Senior Manager on the Wealth Management Services team, the role requires working cooperatively and effectively with the other Managers to improve all parts of the WMS team and to ensure that the regional teams function effectively.
The Senior Manager is accountable to the Vice President Financial Planning for the achievement of agreed upon goals and objectives, for employee engagement and providing a superior client experience. This role also supports revenue generation as each analyst and software support consultant plays an integral role in overall deliverable of financial planning services to the various Wealth business units. The final component of this role is the execution and support of Wealth Management Services initiatives and projects.
What will you do?
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a highly skilled team of professionals, the Financial Planning Analysts and Financial Planning Software Support Team, providing coaching and developing top talent. This includes prioritize team’s work and projects; ensure team members adhere to our compliance rules; support of WMS team initiatives and projects.
- Primary decision maker in regards to plan production, using business knowledge and exercising proper judgment.
- Conduct interviews and managing the hiring process for Financial Planning Analysts. Overseeing training program of new analysts and specialists.
- Collaborate with the VPs, Financial Planning Specialists to enhance the Compass Financial Plans.
- Participate in various working committees on projects to enhance our proprietary Compass offering.
- Manage and coach the Manager, Analyst Quebec and FPSS Manager
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree or equivalent
- 10+ years in industry with 5+ years of people management
- Understanding of the retail full service brokerage business
- Strategic planning for improvement and growth of the business
- Change Leadership – can effectively cope with change and lead team through it
- Hiring – can source and recognize strong talent
- Results oriented – can set and meet goals for self as well coaching team to set and meet their goals.
- CFP, PFP (preferred)
- CA, CPA, MBA (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and French
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.