Senior Manager, Finance
City : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category : Corporate Services
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 407546
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell Business Markets is a division of Bell Canada, a company intent on becoming the definitive leader in supplying seamless next-generation internet and broadband services over the world’s most advanced communications network. As a member of the Finance Supporting team, you will find autonomy, increased accountability and flexibility within this position. The finance group is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Director – BBM Finance, who can bring clarity and focus to complex customer deal structure and evaluation.
- Manage risk and profitability analysis of major sales contract bids and develop business case financials for complex customer offerings
- Partner with sales and project teams to communicate and implement recommendations to ensure profitability and optimum financial structuring of deals
- Partner with Bell Canada’s Business Decision Support (BDS) and Pricing groups to facilitate accurate costing and pricing of products and solutions
- Partner with Legal and accounting compliance groups to minimize risk and ensure compliance with IFRS Accounting Principles
- Adhere to corporate guidelines for capital, financing and revenue recognition
- Manage the contract and bid auditing process
- Manage the complex deal evaluation governance process – Liase with various internal groups to ensure consistency and integrity of business case development and evaluation
- Continual working to transform and optimize our processes and tools within our Centre of Excellence
- MBA or BComm, finance or accounting concentration preferred
- CA/CMA/CGA or CFA designation would be an asset
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of costing and profitability
- Ability to develop partnerships with various groups across Bell Canada
- Strong inter-personal skills, including ability to balance needs of customer (sales) organization with the expectations of finance
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and interpret ambiguous data points
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to a complex and quickly changing work environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications or technology, specifically Broadband/IP and system integrator fields
- Experience with telecommunications OSS, billing and costing systems
- SAP and Essbase computer skills
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/28/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.