Senior Manager, FICC Middle Office
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business Operations Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182888
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Manager, FICC Middle Office – GWO - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 182888
“Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.”
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
What You’ll Do
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Execution of Middle Office Strategy as it relates to a Performance Culture. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Champions a culture of continuous operational improvement by independently resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs across MO with a specific focus on creating tangible / measurable operational efficiencies. This involves opportunity identification, preparing proposals, defining business requirements and processes, developing, testing, conversion and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operations from users and senior management.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years post-graduate experience in industry or academia in in the areas of capital markets, finance and banking and/or process improvement, business analysis and solution implementation
- Solid knowledge/experience in banking/capital markets operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate, influence and interact professionally with a diverse group of Front Office Users, QAs, Developers, and SMEs
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical problem solving and process engineering techniques (i.e. process mapping and analysis techniques)
- Strong technical abilities including knowledge of basic software engineering principles (experience in SQL, VBA, Access, Excel preferred), and a sound understanding of operational processes
Work Arrangement: This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That is why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.