Senior Manager, Enterprise
City : Hamilton
Category : Audit
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Are you a talented and proven leader who motivates teams and provides exceptional customer service?
KPMG Private Enterprise practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
The Senior Manager will be required to apply KPMG’s accounting practices and methodologies on client's engagements and have the ability to manage the relationship with the clients, practice leaders, and junior staff.
What you will do
- Oversee and manage a wide range of client engagements including review engagements, compilation engagements and tax compliance, etc. for owner-managed businesses.
- Detailed review of compilation and review engagement files, including notes to financial statements thereto
- Review of personal, trust and corporate income tax returns.
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan
- Work with members of the assurance management group to meet the goals of the assurance financial plan
- Counsel, train, and mentor team members
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and Canadian corporate and personal tax
- Aptitude for business development, both internally and externally
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation and demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills
- History of delivering quality service and value to clients
- Canadian CPA designation preferred
- 5 - 7+ years of experience working with a public practice accounting firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, are a strong team player and have meticulous attention to detail
Keys to Your Success
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties
- Mentoring and developing team members through performance management.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.