Senior Manager, Endpoint Security Engineering
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188668
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As part of the Information Security and Control (IS&C), the Endpoint Security Engineering and Deployment team is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and supporting new and emerging endpoint security solutions that are required to keep the Bank safe and secure globally. A Dynamic and diverse team that is driven to protect Scotiabank’s assets and its customers.
As a Senior Manager within the Endpoint Security Engineering & Deployment (ESED) team, you will provide domain expertise to the endpoint security roadmap and strategy that shape the security landscape of our organization, ensuring the safety and integrity of our digital ecosystem. This will include deployment and support of EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) and Anti-malware solutions, Host Based Intrusion/Prevention systems, File Integrity Monitoring solutions, Host Based Firewalls, and other endpoint threat management solutions. You will be communicating team activities and reporting status to various teams for governance and compliance activities.
Is this role right for you?
- You are passionate about coaching and guiding less experienced security engineering professionals.
- You champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- You enjoy managing a team of dedicated security professional in their daily activities, daily huddles, and staff workloads.
- You are passionate about utilizing your technical knowledge to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- You enjoy taking part in initiatives to contribute to the strategic direction for security related technologies or other controls that need to be put in place to reduce the threat levels to the company.
- You excel managing vendor interactions to evolve and continually improve the bank’s protection programs.
- You thrive in delivering best in class support for all endpoint technologies.
- You are comfortable providing metric and reports to the leadership teams.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- The incumbent has a working knowledge of various network principles, cyber security concepts, cloud platform and security, and troubleshooting application and technology issues. Experience with the following systems is expected:
- Technology expertise in Anti-Malware, System Engineering, EDR/XDR, DLP, large environment deployments 100,000+.
- The incumbent must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously. The same in Spanish is a strong asset.
- The incumbent is expected to exercise operational capabilities, security risk avoidance capabilities and have an awareness of associated business risks.
- The incumbent is able to work with management and senior leads to deliver on endpoint security improvements and capabilities.
- The incumbent has related work experience (10+ years), and to keep current with relevant technological change and information security best practices.
- An asset to have any of the following certifications: CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Networking+, or other security certification relevant to Cyber security.
- The incumbent is expected to possess a college or university degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems/Security or technical equivalent.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.