Senior Manager, DPP – Audit Methodology
City : Toronto
Category : Audit
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do you love dealing with audit methodology and want to support teams across Canada with new requirements and quality matters? KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice (DPP) is in search for a high-performing candidate who is looking to deepen their skill set in audit methodology and leverage that knowledge to support others. DPP – Audit Methodology Senior Manager will report directly to the DPP – Audit & Assurance partner and will work with other members of DPP to advise on methodology, support engagement teams, play a key role in development and delivery of training and will have an opportunity to participate in global working groups. This position also provides opportunities to work with leadership in DPP, Business Unit Professional Practice Partners, client service partners and technical specialists throughout the firm. DPP practitioners also have a significant role to play with our Firm’s quality and risk processes.
What you will do
- Support engagement teams across Canada in performing high quality audits, primarily for KAEG ISA Enhanced PIE Methodology and for KAEG PCAOB.
- Support audit quality matters, including Inspection reviews, enhanced EQCR assist, and the National Audit Support Professionals Group.
- Participate in global working groups to establish global methodology (e.g., standardization procedures, responses to new Exposure Drafts etc.).
- Develop and deliver Canadian requirements which includes support for implementation of new requirements and new standards.
- Develop and deliver technical training and supporting materials.
- Work in a challenging environment with highly motivated people who are eager to mentor you.
- Work with client service teams in various industries from across the country.
- Work on National office projects.
What you bring to the role
- Canadian CPA designation or international equivalent recognized by CPAO
- At least one year of experience as a Senior Manager
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, including PCAOB standards.
- Deep knowledge of KPMG Audit Execution Guide, including Enhanced PIE Methodology OR demonstrated ability to quickly upskill to KPMG methodology.
- Strong knowledge, and application, in understanding the components of an entity’s system of internal controls.
- Extensive knowledge, and application, of testing controls (D&I/TOE) within the entity’s system of internal controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Technology in the audit, including understanding IT Process, controls within IT applications and supporting infrastructure, and service organizations.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently as well as in groups.
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, self-starter and self-motivated.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Must display good judgment.
- Industry experience in Banking, Mining, Real Estate and Oil & Gas is considered an asset.
Keys to Your Success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.