Senior Manager, Disclosure Controls and Procedures Office (SOX Office)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What will you do?
- Provide oversight to the end to end RBC SOX program
- Author reports for Executive/Senior Leadership, including the Board of Directors
- Lead and participate in a variety of Enterprise and Finance related initiatives which impact the SOX Program and/or finance related controls
- Share knowledge and provide training, advisory and guidance to Executive/Senior leaders and control owners from all lines of business
- Identify and drive program improvements through benchmarking, research and consideration of evolving industry standards.
- Prepare for your next role at RBC by building a foundation of knowledge about all RBC lines of business
What do you need to succeed?
- CA/CPA designation
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, storytelling, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to concisely summarize findings, conclusions and recommendations in written form
- Strong experience in Internal/External Audit (IT, Business, Operations etc.)
- Ability to work independently and manage numerous priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Database;
- Banking Industry experience in particular knowledge of Technology
- Experiencing running a Sarbanes-Oxely (SOX) Compliance program
- Knowledge of RBC financial systems and associated procedures
As a Senior Manager within the SOX Office, you will be a key member of an industry leading, dynamic team of experts who provide guidance to all levels of RBC, up to and including the Board of Directors. You will share your knowledge of Financial Reporting and SOX risks, controls and related processes with Head Office Finance and all Lines of Business. You will lead and participate in initiatives, developing enterprise-wide control standards which will shape the way RBC manages SOX and Financial Reporting risk going forward. You will have the opportunity to build relationships externally through active participation in and leadership of meetings with Canadian Financial Institution Peers, RBC Executive Leaders and the Internal and External Audit teams. You will improve the Company’s financial control environment and bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to areas which impact the financial statements.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.