Senior Manager, Digital Infrastructure
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG’s Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients’ most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Operations practice is seeking a Senior Manager for our Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sector to strengthen our Management Consulting practice in the Toronto office. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service.
What you will do
As a Senior Manager in our TMT practice, you will help our clients and internal stakeholders reimagine the value we deliver, the way we deliver our services, and evaluate how our workforce drives dynamic solutions to solve client needs. You will use your strong business acumen and industry knowledge to become a key member of a high performing team. You will be learning from some of the best in the industry and growing your personal skillset by:
- Being known as a trusted advisor and champion within the telecommunications sector – especially as it pertains to advising on digital infrastructure – which is the delivery of major economic, commercial, and social outcomes through the application of connectivity, IoT and innovation, and digital twins and advanced analytics.
- Leading digital infrastructure engagements – with a focus on connectivity technologies such as private 5G and IoT – across public and private sector clients with accountability for engagement delivery, client outcomes and risk management
- Leading and managing cross-functional engagement teams (8-10 individuals) including providing training, leadership, direction, and guidance to cultivate and manage high performing teams
- Supporting the development and growth of KPMG’s digital infrastructure pillar and the TMT advisory more broadly, by leading business development initiatives and identifying opportunities to expand KPMG’s services to solve client's complex business problems
- Utilizing existing networks to develop and maintain client relationships with Director and Executive level contacts
- Building strong relationships across KPMG’s national advisory practices and global TMT networks to drive market activation across sectors and geographies
- Providing thought leadership on emerging trends in areas such as next generation connectivity, and IoT and innovation, assessing the potential impact of such trends on clients
- Proactively coaching/mentoring junior team members (including Performance Manager responsibilities where relevant) and providing support to other service lines within Management Consulting
- Motivating your team and creating a culture of inclusion
What you bring to the role
- A seasoned professional with 8+ years of strategy and operations consulting experience in the telecommunications space. Experience in telecommunication technology strategy is preferred.
- Strong relationships with an existing network in the telecommunications sector and a strong ability to cultivate relationships at senior-levels –Directors and Executives
- Proven experience in nurturing a portfolio or cultivating business growth, leveraging strong sales and business development acumen
- University degree in business, management, operations, engineering, MBA or equivalent from an accredited university
- Proven leadership skills and ability to supervise and mentor a high performing team of managers and consultants to deliver consulting engagements
- A deep understanding of connectivity technologies (e.g., 5G, IoT, WiFi-6) and their applications (e.g., Internet of Things, digital twin, smart cities), and proven experience applying these concepts across organizations and sectors
- A solid understanding of key market trends in the telecommunication sector locally and globally
- A strong ability to thrive in ambiguity, necessitating adaptability and agility while operating in a high-paced environment.
- You understand that at times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfil the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this
- Must be able to travel within Canada, United States and internationally as required, due to our diverse client base
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.