Senior Manager , Digital Banking Applications (Java, Angular)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What will you do?
- The Senior Manager, will be a technical leader for the Digital Banking, Caribbean Technology group, providing design and development direction for internet banking, mobile banking applications.
- Responsible for defining technical solutions for the given initiative that consider the current state environment and constraints of the application. Analyses the viability of the architecture/design to meet the timeline, budget, and quality. Seeks out industry trends and organization knowledge to generate technology solutions.
- Perform comprehensive strategic reviews and analyses leveraging frameworks, approaches, tools, and methodologies and develop robust recommendations to development team.
- Responsible for leading aspects of the application design/development/technical support, and will collaborate with other application teams, various lines of business, lead/associate-lead architects, application architects and solutions architects where applicable and together developing roadmap.
- Lead projects end-to-end exhibiting complete ‘ownership’ of the problem, continuously pushing the thinking, while managing stakeholders, team members, timelines, and deliverables
- Mentor and coach development team on core strategy skills, professional development, and career management
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience, managing direct reports in an Agile environment, preferably with a financial services organization.
- 5+ years of experience with Web application development: Java, Angular, REST API, Microservices, Spring framework
- Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills.
- Experience with new/emerging digital business models with banking terminologies.
- Experience as Tech lead or solution architect on a packaged internet/Mobile banking.
- Experience working on cloud native solutions and DevOps technology and modernization.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level security concepts and methodologies, including SSO, SSL, encryption, Apigee, authentication and entitlements
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT Engineering graduate / post-graduate
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- This is a hybrid opportunity
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.