Senior Manager, Data Governance and Analytics
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173614
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
Working within Global Risk Management (GRM), this position will take accountability and drive the production of data driven analyses resulting in actionable insights that improve the Bank’s Operational Risk performance. Additionally, support Global Operational Risk (GOR)’s data governance process to ensure compliance with the Bank’s data standards.
Leverage your strong analytical and data management background to collaborate with various business partners to:
• Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of Global Operational Risk data strategies to mitigate Operational Risk events and support business line decision making
• Act as a ‘Single Point of contact’ for key Analytics initiatives including partnering with analytics teams and enterprise data and analytics capabilities
• Act as analytics expert on advanced analytics projects, challenging analytical thinking and methodology
• Deliver on analytical projects that provide actionable insights to improve Operational Risk decision making
• Ensure team collaboration with partners on business problems / issues and provide fact-based analytical advice that aligns to strategy and drives shareholder value
• Recommend improvements to existing processes to support data analytics, including data collection in Source systems
• Introduce changes under a test/control framework to help drive objective, evidence-based decisions
• Work closely with leadership teams to create data strategies that support data modeling
• Build strong and influential internal relationships (with stakeholders such as other Bank data and analytics teams, GOR teams, third parties, etc.) to help ensure business objectives are being met
• Ensure all GOR’s data processes comply with the Bank’s data standards, including support with the monitoring of data quality processes.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to be work independently and able to work on teams cross-functionally
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified way to various audiences
- Experience in statistical & quantitative analysis
- Experience in programming ( SAS / Python /R) and databases (SQL,DB2) knowledge, ability to process and analyze large volumes of data
- Experience in reporting automation through BI tools like Tableau, Power BI etc
- Experience with statistical software packages such as R, Python, and SAS
- Experience manipulating large and complex databases
- Experience with Operational Risk platforms and methodologies, and their application in strategic decision making, is strongly desired
- Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without losing sight of the big picture
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
- A University degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Industrial Engineer, Mathematics, Computer science, or Information technology related discipline
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.