Senior Manager, Data & AI Risk
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175350
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Are you passionate about AI risk management? Are you looking for a challenging role in an emerging and exciting field? Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Data and Artificial Intelligence Risk (DAIR) team is looking for a highly motivated change agent who demonstrates integrity, drive, and courage to lead the design and execution of AI Risk Management activities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for driving AI risk related oversight activities and have opportunity to work with a collaborative team of inspiring professionals to help deliver the Enterprise DAIR Program objectives.
What you'll do in this role?
- Support the development and implementation of the AI Risk Program including creating policies, procedures and managing AI inventory
- Apply knowledge of analytic solutions and ML/AI to develop processes and practices that ensure risks are properly identified, understood, assessed, reported, and monitored
- Provide expertise and advice to the first line of defense on the design and best practices of effective AI Risk controls, metrics, compliance, and risk mitigation
- Perform and document periodic AI risk assessments including AI controls developed and implemented by the first line of defense
- Provide effective challenge and communicate identified ML/AI risks to the first line ML/AI model owners and developers and conduct analysis of the remediation plans in a timely manner
- Drive the development and delivery of communication strategies for new processes and procedures and deliver training on AI risk management
- Develop strong partnership and work in close alignment with other risk functions and business partners to provide professional advice and guidelines for AI risk mitigation
- Lead effective challenge of assessments, review findings and conduct analysis of the remediation plans in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain AI Risk management documentation (procedures, AI risk tiering methodology, assessments, testing and reporting)
- Identify opportunities and execute enhancements to the AI risk management and oversight practice
- Assist with data risk management activities and participate in data risk management oversight where required
- Assist in execution of the periodical and ad-hoc reporting to the Board, CRO, Risk Committees, including collection of metrics and creation of dashboards and reports
- Exercise sound judgment in identifying, reporting, and escalating risks or issues to senior management
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative team environment, and prioritize team’s goals
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
What we're looking for?
- Post-Secondary education completed. Advanced degree preferred but not mandatory
- 5+ years of risk management or model governance
- In-depth knowledge of AI technology, ML/AI model development, and ML/AI risk management best practices
- Strong expertise and interest in the areas of digital, ML/AI technology and data and AI governance
- Knowledge of algorithms e.g., rule-based systems, linear/logistic regressions, support vector machines, random forests, gradient boosting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to manage ambiguity
- Curious and proactive learner interested in new technology, ML/AI risk management best practices
- Solid understanding of ML/AI trends and developments in data and AI governance, such as the proposed regulatory requirements
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.