Senior Manager, Credit Risk Provisions and Analytics – Contract
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H3Y2
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 180887
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Leads and oversees IFRS9 as part of Credit Risk Provisions & Analytics team within Scotiabank Global Risk Management in Toronto Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides credit risk analytics and insights of Expected Credit Loss (ECL), Provision for Credit Loss (PCL) and capital to internal clients, including Executive Offices, Finance, Business lines, Countries, and Global Risk Management executives.
- Understands key components of IFRS9 models such as PD, LGD, EAD and macroeconomic factors. Continuously finds ways to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the ECL calculator.
- Works closely with key stakeholders in maintaining and enhancing the IFRS 9 end-to-end process, which includes project planning, data reconciliation, model implementation, control process, governance and reporting.
- Applies specialized knowledge of Expected Credit Loss methodology, ECL analytics, and provides insights to Credit Risk SVPs in order to ensure the adequacy of IFRS9 provisions reported in external disclosures.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders such as Internal Ratings Management, Enterprise Stress Testing, Information Technology & Systems (IT&S), Business Lines, and Enterprise Risk Management for methodology improvement to ECL.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Master’s in Business, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
- Professional qualification such as CFA / FRM / PRM is an added advantage
- Good programming skills in Python and SQL
- Credit Risk knowledge
- Background on IFRS9 and CECL regulations
- Problem solving skills
- Comfort and experience working in a project context and juggling multiple competing priorities
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work under tight timelines.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.