Senior Manager, Credit – Latin America (English/Spanish)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H3Y2
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184515
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager, by means of sound credit judgement, contributes to the maintenance, growth and safety of a loan portfolio comprising designated commercial - corporate accounts within the International Division, by ensuring that the portfolio is maintained in sound condition within the Bank's current credit policy and that supporting documentation provides adequate protection.
What you’ll do in this role?
- Reporting to the Director, you will provide credit oversight for a portfolio of assigned accounts. The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring that assigned accounts are managed within the bank’s risk tolerance and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Assist in the process of assessing, adjudicating and monitoring both individual credits and the international portfolio.
- Anticipate risks that could lead to deterioration of the portfolio and/or Bank’s position with a customer, recommending appropriate courses of action.
- Develop a high degree of regional / industry knowledge / expertise and ensure the ongoing quality of the portfolio through review of relevant publications and the assessment of financial reporting packages.
- Identify risk mitigation opportunities and develop/maintain portfolio reports that support this function.
- Ensure that all credit adjudication adheres to Bank policies and procedures.
- Understand and implement how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
What we’re looking for?
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is required
- Professional Designation (CPA, CFA) or MBA, with banking experience preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Understanding of credit risk, and the structures and protections required for the exercise of credit analysis
- Familiarity with credit documentation issues
- Knowledge of financial projections and sensitivities
- Experience or knowledge of credit assessments
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A great opportunity to be exposed to large financial deals taking place in Latin America
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located in downtown, Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.