Requisition ID: 52169
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Retail Banking in International Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Collaborates with the country (Mexico) retail strategic planning process, understanding the country business priorities, and helping the country to understand IB strategic guidelines.
- Supports the execution of the country strategy and day-to-day operations, helping countries to “make things happen in Toronto” by identifying requirements / roadblocks and facilitating / coordinating the required steps.
- Working with the Director, maintains country up to date with the developments or initiatives in Toronto, assuring that the countries perspective is understood when the decisions are made, and informing timely the countries of “what is happening in Toronto”
- Drives best practice sharing among countries, by understanding what works well in other countries and using these insights to give feedback and new perspectives to their assigned country.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience
- MBA, or undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar
- Good knowledge of retail banking products and channels
- Good knowledge of services and sales management practices
- Good knowledge of NPS, customer satisfaction, and customer advocacy programs
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Travel up to 40% required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.