Senior Manager – Consulting – Group Disability & Life Insurance
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Consulting
Industry : Information Technology
Employer : Cognizant
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant Consulting (CC) is a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. Clients draw upon our deep industry expertise, program, and change management capabilities and analytical objectivity to help improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation and increase shareholder value. We provide several Business/IT Consulting Services including: Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. The Cognizant Consulting team is an impactful organization that is continually expanding our client base and seen as a strategic partner of choice by our clients.
What you’ll do
Group Disability SME for Canada.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners.
- Assess value, develops cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Identifies and helps the client understand the business model, value and value proposition.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
What you bring to the role
- Proficient with Canadian Group Disability and Life business.
- Should have min of 5 years of experience in advising clients in disability market strategy and disability product implementation.
- Should have 15+ years of experience working with group client in Canada in Advisory or Product Owner capacity.
- Working with COTS (commercial off the shelf) vendors in implementation and advising the business features is a PLUS.
- Should have working knowledge on SDLC and Agile based delivery.
- Should have worked in On-Off model and should be willing to work with team working in multiple location.
- Should be fluent in English and working knowledge of French.
What we offer[AD1]
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to thrive on a high caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We believe hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this is a hybrid position requiring 2 days a week in a client or Cognizant office in Toronto, ON. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a healthy work-life balance though our various wellbeing programs.
Note: The working arrangements for this role are accurate as of the date of posting. This may change based on the project you’re engaged in, as well as business and client requirements. Rest assured; we will always be clear about role expectations.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 06 2024
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.