Senior Manager, Compliance Audit GBM&T (Non-AML)
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188956
Salary Range: 106,400.00 - 203,600.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
What You’ll Do:
- Planning, Execution and Reporting of the Global Compliance Audit Plan for Global Banking and Markets and Treasury (GBM&T) Compliance coverage
- Executes the Audit Plan and updates the Risk Assessment Database as required
- Participates in the audit coverage of Laws, Rules, and Regulations (LRRs) and to develop standard audit programs for adequate and consistent approach to cover regulatory compliance risk
- Participates and assists with the coverage, execution, assessment of regulatory compliance audits related to Swap Dealer Compliance Program, Market Abuse Rules, OTC Derivative Regulations, Volcker Rule, IIROC, etc.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of compliance risks and processes. This includes keeping abreast of key industry developments, regulatory changes, and identifies key systemic issues (arising from audits globally) and internal changes that will impact the annual audit plan and/or quarterly Audit Committee reporting
- Executes the quarterly continuous monitoring program
- Maintains relationships with Global Compliance and audit teams
- Assist to develop tactical strategies for increasing the use of data analytics to drive effective annual planning / risk assessment, and engagement / project execution
- Contributing member of the Global Compliance Audit Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Coverage Capabilities: Provide guidance to prioritize, risk assess and map key LRRs into the audit universe. Effectively challenge risk assessment and Annual Plan to ensure risk-based coverage of LRRs
- Global Thematic / Extra Territorial Rule: Oversee the Global Coverage approach and support in execution of audits. Report on coverage, risk assessment, and results
- Regulatory Coverage Monitoring: Implement a process to monitor coverage of LRRs. Analyze results & assess impact on the effectiveness of the Compliance function
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years’ experience in Compliance, Compliance Audit, Capital Markets / Sales and Trading Audits, regulatory body, or related consulting experience
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets Products and regulations including Compliance framework, structure, programs, and systems, Swap Dealer activities
- Internal or external audit background. Accounting designations / technical / professional qualifications (CPA, CFA, CSI etc.) will be an asset.
- University degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy, or any other relevant area.
- Knowledge of audit processes and methodologies
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- A self-starter / takes initiative, deals well with ambiguity, is detail-oriented
- Thrives in a dynamic team-oriented environment
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.