Senior Manager, Client Services – Vancouver Island, BC
City : Burnaby, BC, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Reports to: Director, Client Services
Purpose of the Role The Senior Manager will play a leadership role and leverage expertise of the business to effectively execute and quickly adapt strategies to ensure operational excellence, optimal customer, and employee experience. Focus on driving high performance across all initiatives and ensure consistency within the laboratory portfolio as measured by company goals and KPIs that drive a profitable portfolio.
This is a full time, Hybrid role with a focus on Vancouver Island, BC.
- Monitors individual markets and competitive activity within those markets and provides feedback to leadership team
- Ensures that corporate goals for operational excellence and customer services levels are achieved
- Aligns processes and reporting across the regions
- Assesses, recommends, and implements revenue opportunities
- Identifies, evaluates, recommends strategies; implements appropriate courses of action for enhancing operational efficiencies to improve overall profitability
- Oversees the implementation of new programs and initiatives to ensure that vendors, suppliers, and internal and external partners continue to meet the needs of the business
- Identifies cultural differences and nuances and recommends adjustments regarding the evolving customer experience
- Manages escalated customer questions or concerns
- Partners with internal and external customers to continuously improve their experience and to implement initiatives, i.e. marketing, financial, human resources
- Anticipates and delivers products and services to meet our customers changing needs by listening to our customers and by understanding our competitors and markets
- Participates in project management and new initiatives, as required
- Leads, coaches, and manages a team of Managers/Supervisors to develop and sustain a high-performing team
- Inspires, motivates, engages, and develops employees by creating a compelling vision, setting goals and objectives, and continuously providing feedback and coaching
- Manages human resources, including selection, onboarding, training, performance management, compensation, disciplinary actions, development and retention, and terminations
- Demonstrates strategic leadership with an understanding of tactical execution along with leading and managing high-performing teams
- Performs effective time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, client relationship management, and organization skills
- Conducts succession planning
- Conducts various administrative tasks, generates reports, etc.
- Builds a safety-first culture through leadership and development.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or healthcare related focus or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated management success in leading teams
- Excellent competency in business management and financial acumen
- Strong display of analytical capability, creating and analyzing complex data sets and taking action
- Experience developing relevant management relationships in the marketplace and external alliances and channels in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a large, geographically distributed and organizationally complex team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to understand the long-term strategy and short-term execution to support multi-year visions
- High energy performer who operates as part of a team and whose enthusiasm inspires and motivates teams, peers, and customers
- Understanding of the Canadian healthcare environment and provincial hospital networks
- Occasional overnight travel, often with short notice required
- Valid Full Driver’s license
#LI SW1 #INDEED
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.