Senior Manager, Business Semantics Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175351
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Customer Insights, Data & Analytics (CIDA) team at Scotiabank is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data. One of the main areas of transformation is optimizing efficiency in understanding, searching and accessing data & analytics, which in turn improves the accuracy and speed of decisions. The aim is to vastly improve data literacy by describing data & analytics in business terms; and connect them to physical metadata, data & analytics assets to improve data search and consumption experiences.
As part of the Business Semantics Management team within the Data & Analytics Office, the candidate will work with key analytics and business stakeholders to create Scotiabank Business Information Model (SBIM), which captures business vocabularies linked with data & analytics assets that exist across the organization. The Senior Manager, Business Semantics Management role requires strong stakeholder relationship management, project planning & execution skills; as well as deep data and/or analytics experience. Business knowledge and experience in banking would also be considered a strong asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Play a key role in establishing the long-term data & analytics vision and contribute to the development of the Bank’s optimal data & analytics search experience
• Opportunity to make an impact in the digital transformation of Scotiabank
• Exposure across business lines, function groups and technology areas where data & analytics plays a critical role
• A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
• University degree in business or relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
• Graduate degree in Information Management / Knowledge Modeling area would be a strong asset
• Deep experience managing data and/or analytics projects
• Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management
• Experience in Google Cloud ecosystem would be an asset
• Subject area experience with anti-money laundering compliance, RDARR, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and regulatory compliance is an asset
• Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence
• Leads the development, roll-out and maintenance of Scotiabank Business Information Model (SBIM) and its marketing & adoption plans
• Leads the stakeholder engagement and management needed to execute the SBIM marketing & adoption plans
• Leads the Business Term, Data Element collection process for the assigned Business Domains
• Leads the organization of SBIM Content at the enterprise and line of business levels
• Supports the creation and execution of business semantics management strategy including its association to physical metadata, data & analytics assets
• Supports the Director, Business Semantics Management with the senior management team engagement (Data & Analytics, Business, Technology) on the SBIM project
• Leads the SBIM related user training modules and Q&A sessions
• Manages SBIM Kanban board and day-to-day resolution of user questions and concerns related to SBIM processes
• Supports other Data & Analytics initiatives that require migration or enhancement of business metadata assets
• Builds a diverse, inclusive & high performing team, attracting talents from within and outside the organization
• Provides regular coaching and career development sessions to team members to nurture high performance culture and home-grown talents
• Participates in the Data & Analytics Transformation Program (DATP) weekly update & risk stand-up sessions
• Supports the creation, review & maintenance of Scotiabank Data Policy, Data Standards and Playbook
• Supports the Data & Analytics Office audit, regulatory risk, and OSFI engagements, as required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.