Senior Manager, Business Performance
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185035
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to Director, Business Performance the Senior Manager will be responsible for leading Performance Management initiatives to drive improved financial and commercial results in International Banking. They will build relationships across geographies and departments via collaboration with cross-functional teams in Latin-America and the Caribbean including Analytics, Finance, GRM, and other Retail & Digital Business. They will actively drive data-informed decision-making by enabling enhanced performance monitoring, analysis, and reporting, as well as facilitating stakeholder engagement while supporting regionalization and operational transformation efforts.
- Lead initiatives for the development of a comprehensive 360 Business Performance Management framework, encompassing thorough financial and quantitative analyses including forecasts and competitive benchmarking. Oversee and execute the development of executive reporting, financial modeling, and performance analysis.
- Lead laterally as a trusted partner for business stakeholders, effectively steering cross-country initiatives as main conduit and coach for international teams.
- Support the IB Retail Data project, establishing foundational business data modeling for International Banking.
- Supervise Strategy execution monitoring tools' design and development.
- Guide Annual Planning across markets, aligning IB Retail strategy with local targets and KPIs. Coordinate planning cycles, foster collaborative data-driven decision-making.
- Promote data-informed culture, coach stakeholders in analytical frameworks.
- Champion Agile principles, providing coaching for cross-geographical initiatives.
- Apply risk-aware mindset in daily activities.
- Ensure robust day-to-day business controls, aligning with operational and regulatory risk frameworks.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics or STEM.
- Candidate must be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
- 7+ years’ experience in stakeholder stewardship, from executive to technical level. Demonstrated influencing ability and a high degree of collaboration across functions, cultures, and geographies.
- 7+ years’ experience in quantitative research, financial analysis, data analysis and KPI development.
- Proven skills in financial and commercial planning, and performance management disciplines, including but not limited to budgeting, forecasting, modeling, and decision-making facilitation.
- 5+ years’ experience in business storytelling and construction of executive presentations, strategic and analytical dashboards, and functional reports. Demonstrated communication / presentation skills.
- 5+ years’ project management experience including Agile environments.
- Full proficiency in Excel (e.g. advanced formulas / charts, Analysis Toolkit, Power Query, VBA)
- Ideal 2+ years’ experience authoring SQL / DAX / M code for data manipulation and processing.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.