Senior Manager, Business Development & Strategic Initiatives
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Financial Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 179724
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager, Business Development is responsible for supporting the roll-out of the International Wealth Management (IWM) strategy across the footprint. The incumbent reports to the Director of Country Relationships and Business Excellence, supporting core strategy functions, providing analysis and articulation of the IWM strategy, and delivering forward-thinking insights related to potential changes and disruption impacting IWM value proposition and competitive positioning.
IWM growth initiatives
• Prepare initiative roadmaps to ensure deliverables and timelines are met & create financial models to assess future state financial benefits / costs
• Manage multiple project workstreams, including leading problem-solving sessions, workshops and interviews with cross-functional team members and subject matter experts
• Provides analytic support in decision-making of business initiatives and develop materials for executive discussions
• Refresh strategy and roadmap as the industry evolves and work with internal and external stakeholders to execute initiatives
• Support identification and due diligence of acquisitions, partnerships, and strategic alliances
• Collaborate with the Advisor & Client Solutions team to transition strategic plans into execution
• Formulate with the Analytics and Business Intelligence teams the KPIs related to the strategic initiatives roll-out to ensure the business remains on track with estimated benefits
• Support the development of IWM governance model to track the roll-out of the strategy, ensuring the adequacy, and adherence to business controls and regulatory obligations
Business Planning & monitoring
• Articulate with internal and external partners, and IWM leadership, the 3-5 years strategic for IWM
• Collaborate with Finance, PMO and other relevant stakeholders to support the planning cycle for IWM including Profit planning, SIP process, Head Office budget & allocations
• Perform strategic and business analysis, identifying key issues and pro posing recommendations for IWM’s strategy at the market and business line level
• Support business/markets with necessary data in the assessment of initiatives & business cases
• Assist with strategy offsites for leadership to facilitate ongoing discussions around IWM strategy
• Prepare materials to gain buy-in and understanding of IWM strategic objectives
• Work with management team to communicate complex strategic and financial concepts in easy -to understand presentations
• Prepare information for Business Reviews, GWM Executive Meetings, Country Leadership Meeting, Executive Team meetings and adhoc sessions as required
Industry and customer knowledge
• Complete competitive / business environment research and benchmarking to determine emerging issues and trends and analyze the impact/implications of those trends on IWM
• Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of the Wealth Management industry including customer needs and trends; the regulatory environment; competitive dynamics and best practices; technology changes, and economics
• Assess how changes in the business will impact IWM’s strategic plans and work with Senior Management, to make required adjustments.
• Inform business investments prioritization that will position the business for future growth
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across markets and business lines to develop client insights
• Use of various tools and techniques to extract insights from data to improve client penetration and acquisition
• Use data and models to analyze business performance and inform decision-making • Identify client opportunities and profitability across Brokerage, Private Banking, Asset Management, Offshore and Trust
• Leverage internal and external data to generate new business insights helping the management team identify historical and future trends in international wealth management
• Develop partnerships with in-country data teams to leverage additional data sources Leadership
• Champions a high-performance team, actively seeks development opportunities, and contributes to an inclusive work environment
• Supports IWM Head Office as well as the following regions: PAC (Mexico, Chile, Peru and Colombia) and CCAU
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
• Role requires an individual who possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability.
Education / Experience
• Completed undergraduate degree in business or economics is required; an MBA is strongly preferred.
• 5+ years of working experience, preferably in Wealth Management, Strategy, or consulting
• Experience in Strategy development and execution
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, ThinkCell and Excel
• Fluency in Spanish is an asset
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong attention to details
• Ability to communicate strategic and financial concepts through presentations
• Proven track record managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines and dealing with certain levels of ambiguity
• Proven analytical skills, conceptual thinking and systematic problem solving
• Ability to work independently and in an agile, highly collaborative work environment.
• Highly organized, able to meet tight deadlines and work on a project-based environment
• Leadership skills with a proven ability to build strategic relationships and influence
• Strong project management skills, capable of developing & executing plans
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.