Senior Manager – Business Analysis, Capital Markets Technology 1
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177656
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Manager - Business Analysis
The Global Technologies Application is looking for an energetic and result-oriented Sr. Manager Business Analyst to manage the major multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to the business needs, providing ongoing support to all assigned units globally. The incumbent reports to Sr. Manager Business Analyst and expect to have direct reports including Manager BA, BA Specialist, Sr. BA, BA II or Intermediate BA II.
- Independently resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying advanced financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions, developed on an iterative basis, that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing products and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Effectively manage and supervise business analysis staffs by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching. This also includes assisting in the recruitment of qualified project management and business analysis staff.
- A recognized post-graduate degree in business, economics, mathematics or a related discipline.
- 8 years of hands-on requirement gathering / Business analysis experience
- Prior work experience on financial instruments ranging from OTC derivative products to foreign exchange, including market convention and valuation methods, risk management methodologies.
- Must process a solid understanding of current EDP practices, system development techniques, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly evolving technology to effectively apply technology to the solution of a business problem. The successful incumbent is expected to apply this knowledge to assist the direct reporting manager, director and Sr. Management in establishing future technology direction for the Division.
- Must have previous experience managing and coaching business analysts and willingness to manage a team of 5.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to be a team leader and a team player.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.