Senior Manager Business Analysis
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174398
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Business Analysis to join the ATM Solutions Team and play a critical role in the Self-Service Channel from a Technology delivery and customer experience perspective. The ATM Channel has recently introduced an enhanced suite of feature rich offerings at the ATM and continue to lead ATM services across the Caribbean, meeting, or exceeding customer demands.
As a Senior Manager Business Analysis of the team your responsible for overseeing the strategic business direction, development and ongoing management support of ATM based products, hardware and services for the International Bank’s customers. A leadership role, this position ensures the products and services offered are competitively positioned and that profitability is maximized through effective resource management and customer-centric strategic and tactical business initiatives. You are expected to deliver expert level advice, counsel, and business line support to a diverse and dynamic group of Scotiabank management personnel across International Banking units and in all countries in which the Bank does business.
What will you do?
- Devise and direct the development of strategic business plans supporting the International Bank’s ATM Channel Service Strategy with a 3-to-5-year horizon by:
- Formulating and recommending strategies for new or enhanced services, technology/delivery systems, vendor solutions, sales strategies, marketing/promotional efforts to ensure channel banking solutions are competitively positioned and profitability is maximised.
- Overseeing the development of business proposals and business cases that support the International Bank’s overall strategic direction and the divisional and department objectives.
- Maintaining superior global market intelligence to ensure that product development plans are aligned with industry trends, leveraging best practices and that business proposals are structured to exploit competitive opportunities and trends.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of new channel banking services and product and channel enhancements on schedule and within approved budgets by:
- Ensuring business specifications/requirements documentation is accurately prepared and comprehensive to support sizing/development efforts and as input to various project documentation.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplined, cross-functional, cross-regional project teams comprised of both internal staff as well as external vendors/suppliers and ensuring regular progress reports are provided to Senior Management or established Executive Steering Committees.
- Independently resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems, which are often unstructured and without precedent to meet the business needs of the end users.
- Apply expert financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
- May involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis, that provide interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Manage major, multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems.
- Involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources
- Oversee the defining of business requirements, processes, and preparation of business case proposals
- Oversee the development of testing, conversion, and implementation strategies
- Oversee the development of detailed project plans, the monitoring of progress against planned objectives, the financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management
- Provide business support to all units within the scope of accountability. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines.
- Including new and existing product structuring, risk measurement and management, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and implementing and operationalizing new systems, processes and procedures including enhancements.
- Managing vendor relationships, contracts, and system maintenance arrangements.
- Directing and ensuring a high level of steady state production support
- Work with Scotiabank infrastructure teams to maintain and support infrastructure and services under management
- Lead root cause analysis to in-scope systems, identify improvements, and drive to implementation.
- Develop operational plans, processes, and procedures to improve service delivery and resiliency
- Lead by example and mentor growing developers in the team.
- Support production issues and handle escalations during the day as well as off-hours.
What do you need to succeed?
- You’ve been either a team lead or a senior engineer in a large product team and seen how different components of a complex architecture come together to deliver a product.
- You are passionate about designing and developing highly available, reliable, and scalable enterprise systems.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Java and/or Node.js and experience in developing REST services.
- You have experience in Unit Testing, such as familiarity with JUnit/Jest, Mockito/Mocha etc.
- You are proficient in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.).
- You are passionate about open-source technologies or have evident experience with library contribution or developing shared components.
- You are an excellent communicator, planner and visioner, able to influence decision making across stakeholders.
- You have competency to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience.
- You can map and execute short- and long-term plans for the team.
- You love what you do but you are seeking a more challenging environment.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.