Senior Manager, Authentication Services, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2C5
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 129452
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Senior Manager, Authentication Services, you will be accountable for delivering the expected Service Level requirement for Stakeholders of our Authentication Services platform. You are passionate about holding the high standard of technology products that are highly critical for the Bank and its customers, and are able to inspire the team to meet those demanding standard and guidelines. The Authentication Services platform is a critical enabler for the Bank's customer digital journey.
Is this role right for you?
- Manage a team of skilled engineering staff building new functionality and new capabilities for our products as well as second line Application Support and maintenance.
- Provide mentorship and expected KPI outcome for the team to achieve.
- Responsible for technology platform deployment/provisioning/integration process design and continual improvement, scalability and availability parameters, including but not limited to automation of software releases, rapid build, configure, deploy and operationalization.
- Liaison with various Bank Stakeholders and external vendors to address product features applicability, security concerns and network/communication issues and product features timelines/roadmap and delivery coordination.
- Manage the Financials and Budgets for the Product Roadmap and delivery of it.
- Keep pace with Industry Authentication Authorization standards to validate product strategies for customer and security acceptance.
- Participate and manage all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover).
- Ensure creation of documentation including design, operational support documents.
- Suggest architecture and process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Production support and escalation. Provide point of escalation during the day and off-hour. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Regularly conveying key strategies, tasks, and status to team and management. Regularly conveying status to team and management.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, support, deployment and maintenance of large-scale applications with complex integration, have cloud-based deployment experience.
- At least 1-2 years of this experience needs to be in fully automating the deployment process and full stack deployment environment including internet facing technologies.
- Solid understanding of user management services, web authentication solutions, Identity management and LDAP directory architecture.
- Knowledge of Authentication and Authorization technology best practices.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology backed by hands on experience, development techniques and best practices for an enterprise framework.
- Thrive on fast paced, challenging environment with short learning curves. Must be proactive and dynamic and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to succeed.
- Able to interact with various other development/product/support/infrastructure teams. It is essential that the incumbent to be proactive, eager to learn, and to have a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Anticipate and uncover customer, business, and market needs and opportunities that could shape future digital products and experiences
- Promote a culture where teams feel comfortable having open dialogue, expressing divergent perspectives, surfacing and debating assumptions, and sharing and testing ideas and hypotheses
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.