Senior manager asset management payments
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
A career in IT at National Bank means contributing to the Bank's transformation and having a direct impact on clients.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Personal Banking Payments. As part of the IT Delivery – Data, Cards, Payments and Business sector, the Payments team plays a key role in the domestic and international fund transfer process, as well as payment solutions, such as Interac. We also participate in Bank-wide transformation and change projects.
- Innovate by setting up mechanisms to support IT assets that serve business capabilities for payments.
- Serve as the manager in charge of the Personal Banking Payment group’s relationships related to asset management: infrastructure, security, technical debt and incident management, etc.
- Safeguard the quality of the assets supported to achieve operational excellence and ensure their hygiene.
- Lead, manage, coach and motivate a team of analysts and SREs to carry out monitoring and ensure operational excellence based on the payments field and our organization’s orientations.
- Understand business issues and opportunities, identify stakeholders’ IT needs and propose high-quality technology strategies to support the reliability and stability of IT solutions.
- Oversee the evolution of IT asset maintenance while maintaining technology roadmaps.
- Manage demand and capacity for your group.
- Draw up and execute your team’s plan and participate in the sector’s plan with respect to business objectives.
- Define and enforce the SLAs for payment solutions you will be responsible for
- Be an active and positive contributor/initiator in a changing organizational model
- Help implement an operational governance framework with external service providers in order to maintain the operational quality/excellence of solutions
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it's important to you.
- Completed bachelor's degree in a related field and six years of relevant experience, or completed master's degree in a related field and four years of relevant experience
- Solid experience with managing personnel and fostering collaboration
- Experience in managing critical technology assets that rely on technologies like Java, Cloud, Kafka, DevOps, etc.
- Experience in project and inter-project management, an asset
- Sound knowledge of the banking and financial industry, an asset
- Ability to work under pressure while taking human feelings into consideration
- Strong transformation leadership skills, exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and ability to influence
- Ability to foster and manage innovation within the team in order to have a major impact on the organization
- Independent self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and ability to remain motivated in an ever-changing environment.
- Recognized as being disciplined, determined and dynamic
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?