Senior Licensing Officer
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR LICENSING OFFICER:
($59,796.64 - $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar, Licensing, the Senior Licensing Officer assesses and recommends the approval of more complex, non-routine, and unique applications for new builder licences, builder licence renewals, and owner builder declaration and disclosure notices in accordance with the Homeowners Protection Act. He/She/They responds to complicated inquiries from residential builders, owner builders, consumers and other industry stakeholders regarding the licensing process, exemptions, provincial standards, and residential builder requirements, and provides guidance and training to Licensing Officers on department policy and interpretation of the legislation.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business administration or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in the review and processing of applications within a regulatory/compliance environment.
- Sound experience drafting letters, memos, emails and other correspondence to internal and external clients.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the philosophies and practices governing the processing of applications in accordance with applicable legislation and policies.
- Sound knowledge of the land titles system and of the residential construction sector in BC.
- Sound knowledge of data integrity principles with a high degree of accuracy, consistency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing’s mandate, programs, and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies, and other information sources for the purposes of responding to inquiries and assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate with the public, including conflict resolution skills and the ability to exercise good judgment, patience, tact, and diplomacy in all public interactions.
- Ability to use good judgment, including the fair and consistent application of policy.
- Ability to recognize and operate within scope of authority, applying good judgment for escalate issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, industry partners and the public.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines with strong time management skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities to manage a heavy workload without compromising quality of work.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with regard to professional business correspondence.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.