Senior Learning & Organizational Development Consultant
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Learning & Organizational Development Consultant - ( 220000XD )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are currently seeking a Senior Learning & Organizational Development Consultant to join our HR team.
This position can be based out of any of our Stantec locations. Internal applications are encouraged!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Partner with HR Client Services and the business to assess talent concerns and develop effective solutions, engaging with other teams as necessary
- Demonstrate outstanding facilitation and coaching skills by supporting talent reviews, performance improvement efforts, learning sessions, and train-the-trainer events.
- Act as a prime resource on the Talent Review and Succession program for North America and support global efforts
- Provide support and partnership to regional talent resources, emphasizing common language, integrated approaches, and collaboration.
- Facilitate agile and iterative design and development approaches, ensuring stakeholder participation and effective incorporation of diverse feedback.
- Support the creation and implementation of inclusive, engaging, and effective talent management and organizational development approaches (principles, programs, and materials)
- Develop and facilitate in support of organizational goals including integration and promotion of Stantec’s Global Career Framework.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of adult learning and behavioral science principles including identifying measurements for talent & learning outcomes, ensuring accountability, and tracking and reporting on progress.
- Provide support for acquisitions / integrations by consulting on potential talent trends or needs within Stantec
- Leverage data and analytics across Stantec to identify learning and development needs and trends.
- Partner with stakeholders to create ambitious and engaging objectives, plans, and programs.
- Contribute to the development of the L&OD budget
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong business acumen and understanding of what contributes to talent success
- Experience in translating current and anticipated business needs to learning strategy, priorities, and plans.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills (both virtual and in-person) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leaders and employees.
- Collaborative influencer with strong consultative skills, excellent stakeholder management and listening skills.
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels.
- Continuous learner with good conceptual thinking skills, and can develop creative learning solutions
- Ability to help others navigate complicated/complex or unusual situations that may not have precedence.
- Ability to flex different leadership and influencing styles against situational requirements.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including using good business sense and organizational values to make decisions involving varying levels of risk and ambiguity.
- Superior organization and project-management skills, ability to effectively multi-task and attention to details are critical.
- Dynamic, adaptable to change and enjoys working in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to lead without authority, influence stakeholders, and engage people to concepts and ideas.
- Experience working with leaders at all levels of an organization, including an understanding of executive teams.
- Vendor management to ensure delivery of intended outcomes.
- Ability and willingness to facilitate sessions primarily within the North America time zones, with occasional global facilitations from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Education, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties, obligations, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Organizational Development
Organization : BC-1197 Human Resources-Talent Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2022, 7:26:01 AM
Req ID: 220000XD
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans