Senior Java Developer with Angular
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Digital
Industry : Information Technology
Employer : Cognizant
Senior Java Developer with Angular
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an upbeat, collaborative and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong.
Cognizant is in search of a seasoned software developer with over a decade of Java expertise and extensive Angular experience, you'll be orchestrating full lifecycle projects, from design to implementation, ensuring alignment to coding standards and meeting both technical and consumer needs. Your proficiency in Java, Spring Boot, microservices, RESTful API patterns, along with your ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams, will be pivotal in delivering robust solutions that go above and beyond for this role.
What You'll Do:
- To work as a full lifecycle software developer and should have experience in SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, testing and value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Design and develop solutions that meet the functional and non-functional requirements
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred), common software development tools like editors, build systems, Git and BitBucket
- Designing, developing APIs, prepare effort estimation of work, team management and support
- Good interpersonal skills and coordinate & work with various customers from technology & business teams.
- Open to assist junior member if required & provide support to QA and UAT test team.
- Associate should be flexible to support Prod and work on critical issues from production.
What You Bring to the Role:
- More than 8 years of demonstrated ability working with Java and more than 5 years of proven track record working with Angular.
- Knowledge in Java 8/java 11, Spring boot and microservices.
- Java (required) Knowledge of RESTful API patterns and Micro services.
- Experience in Java (JEE/Spring Core/Spring Boot/Rest API/Microservice/JSON/ XML/MySQL/Any cloud/Any DB)
- Proven knowledge of OAuth2 security, HTTP/HTTPS protocol and TCP/IP networking.
- Experienced in skills- Angular8+ Version (Typescript), Java script, HTML, CSS, and bootstrap, jQuery and ES6
- Experience of Java Backend API technologies: Java, Spring & Spring Boot, Microservices, JPA and/or design techniques and tools and Any DB, Cloud -Azure/AWS.
- Experience in full lifecycle software and working in Agile projects.
- Experienced in writing unit test cases and use cases and complete Unit testing.
What we offer:
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change, or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to thrive on a high caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We believe hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this is a hybrid position requiring 3 days a week in a client or Cognizant office in Toronto, ON. Canada. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a balanced work-life balance though our various wellbeing programs.
Note: The working arrangements for this role are accurate as of the date of posting. This may change based on the project you’re engaged in, as well as business and client requirements. Rest assured; we will always be clear about role expectations.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 09 2024
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.