Senior IT Network Administrator
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Information Technologies
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is looking for an experienced IT Network Administrator with a strong network operations background to augment its Global Network Services team. The Global Network Services team is an internal IT team comprised of network architects, network engineers, and network administrators distributed in various countries throughout the world. They are responsible for a global network comprised of over 1200 offices, 17+ data centres, and used by over 66,000 users.
Qualified candidates must have a proven background within network operations, handling network incidents, problems, changes, and requests for large enterprise networks. The network administrator is expected to be able to conduct the below responsibilities.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Maintain day-to-day network infrastructure in production.
- Managing & monitoring network infrastructure.
- Routine maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Managing upgrades & performance of network infrastructure.
- Identifying and correcting network infrastructure faults.
- Network infrastructure health maintenance.
- Reactive performance monitoring of network infrastructure.
- Planning and execution of minor moves, adds, and changes (MACs) to network infrastructure.
- Execution of business continuity tests specific to network infrastructure.
- 3rd party supplier governance.
- Operational network support escalation assistance, guidance, and governance.
- Proactive identification and resolution of issues before they affect the network infrastructure.
- Identifying network infrastructure improvements.
- Network infrastructure lifecycle management.
- Capacity planning for network services.
- Engaging in the problem management process.
- Technical peer review and approvals for all network changes.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Management and maintenance of WSP network management platforms.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 8-10 years relevant and practical experience in network engineering and operations.
- Experience working for a large global organisation with a multi-vendor network environment.
- Sound foundational knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and AAA
- Experience in managing, operating, and troubleshooting large complex networks that encompass:
- Software-Defined-WAN (preferably Aruba/Silver Peak)
- Cloud Networking (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Cloud-based Internet Security (preferably Zscaler Internet Access)
- Unified Communications (preferably Microsoft Teams)
- Remote Access Solutions (preferably Zscaler Private Access & Cisco AnyConnect)
- Multi-vendor LAN switching (preferably Cisco and Aruba)
- Multi-vendor wireless LAN (preferably Cisco and Aruba)
- Next Generation Perimeter firewall technologies (preferably Palo Alto)
- Application Delivery Controllers & Load Balancing (preferably F5 Networks)
- Identity and Access Control Policy platform (preferably Cisco Identify Services Engine)
- Experience in Network Automation and DevOps practices is highly desirable.
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL Service management practices
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently with low-level supervision and in a global team distributed geographically.
- Strong organization skills (set priorities, meets deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects) and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to identified problems.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, designing, delivering, and demonstrating compliance with information security requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in performing information security practices in the management and delivery of infrastructure and operations.