Senior Investigator Retail Loss Prevention
City : Montreal, QC, CA
Category : Corporate Security
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
The Senior Investigator Retail Loss Prevention supports the protection of retail organizational assets and employees across Rogers. The successful candidate must be experienced in conducting multiple types of investigations and be a team player. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker that looks at Financial and Business issues with a different perspective to highlight risks and opportunities.
Written and communications skills will be excellent, ensuring that detailed reports of investigative activities are completed on a timely basis for submission to Management. The candidate will demonstrate professionalism and objectivity in all circumstances, be capable of taking initiative, of functioning in an independent manner, and be able to establish relationships with key internal and external partners, including being one of the points of contact with law enforcement agencies.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct a variety of investigations including confidential Code of Conduct, theft, fraud, and robbery, using established investigative procedures. Be able to conduct multiple investigations concurrently working within aggressive timelines.
- Conduct effective interviews with witnesses, suspects and any other persons connected to investigations.
- Identify control weaknesses / process gaps and make recommendations to mitigate risk and losses to Rogers.
- Manage documentation and investigation tracking log (Case Management), ensuring that cases are accurate and timely documentation is prepared to standards acceptable to Human Resources, Management, Legal and law enforcement agencies.
- Prepare court briefs for disclosure purposes and attend legal/court proceedings on behalf of Rogers as needed.
- Support and assist Retail Operations in reducing shrink and maintaining controls of the company assets through imparting knowledge and skills to the Operations team
- Investigate and prevent incidents of internal and external theft and assist law enforcement agencies when required
- Visit stores as scheduled to complete accurate and comprehensive Loss Prevention audits. Maintain structured reporting procedures of all findings, incident reports and shrink analysis for the company. Determine root cause and provide recommendations to Store and Area Managers.
- Provide training in Loss Prevention practices to Store Associates and Managers
- Participate in regular on-call rotation.
What you have:
- Must be bilingual; fluent (written and spoken) in French and English. The position is based in Montreal and some travel within Canada may be required.
- Must have an agent license issued by BSP (Bureau de la sécurité privée) or be qualified to obtain a license
- 2+ years Loss Prevention experience conducting investigations in a Retail environment
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Law and Security, Police Foundations or Criminology an asset
- CPP or PCI enrolment or certification is highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and hold a valid driver's license
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes criminal and credit checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Corporate Security
Requisition ID: 281705
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate