No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The IT Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the development, planning and coordination of internal audits and consulting activities required to provide BDC management and the Board of Directors with an independent assessment of risks, the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls/processes in place, and the extent to which BDC’s resources are managed efficiently and economically and the effectiveness of operations. He/she, collaboratively with senior management, must analyze and prioritize risks, including IT risks, ensuring that BDC objectives are met and must execute and coordinate the overall progress of audit and consulting assignments.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Plan and perform audit projects based on a risk assessment approach to ensure the design and operating effectiveness of operational and applications internal controls and business processes
- Effectively document all the phases of the audit as well as develop and update process documentation including the identification of key internal controls and any deficiencies
- Based on the work performed, prepare audit reports that adequately communicate the findings of the audit, including root cause of any observation, and identify opportunities for improvements or process optimization as well any best practices
- Perform follow-up reviews to validate that process improvement results have been achieved following the previously identified control and process weaknesses
- Assist with the review and testing of the Bank’s Internal Control program and the work performed by the Bank’s external Auditors
- Perform testing on the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Participate in the elaboration of the yearly internal audit plan and quality assessment of the Internal Audit department.
- Maintain corporate audit independence and objectivity in all assignments while developing and maintaining effective and value-added partnerships (with colleagues, stakeholders and audit clients)
- Assist and use of data analytics by extracting data, executing data analytics tests, identifying anomalies, assessing data quality
- Assist with defining, developing, and documenting continuous monitoring processes to identify potential risks to operating effectiveness and opportunities for fraudulent activities
- Provide ongoing analysis of feedback received from the members of Management to identify new project or service opportunities.
- Collaborate with other members of the Internal Audit team and perform special projects as assigned by Internal Audit management
- Keep abreast of current developments in auditing and in new auditing techniques
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, It security, accounting or related field
- Strong understanding of business risks and analytical skills to evaluate areas of risks and to develop appropriate solutions
- Good knowledge of financial, operational and management practices and auditing techniques and ability to analyze and evaluate transactions and processes
- Knowledge IIA standards, Risk Management frameworks and/or Business process mapping are an asset.
- Knowledge of auditing frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, ITIL et NIST are an asset
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) in both official languages and to maintain effective relationships while providing value-added services
- Ability to produce clear and concise written reports.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail yet, capable of quickly grasping the big picture, addressing concerns and problems and proposing practical and novel solutions adapted to the environment of the Bank
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, Visio,
- Knowledge of data mining software such as ACL or IDEA (or other data mining software)
- Ability to identify, extract, quality check datas and execute data analytics tests
- Committed to learning and professional development in order to adequately approach new technologies
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.