Senior Interior Designer – Healthcare
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Interior Designer - Healthcare - ( 210001YN )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We are looking for a Registered Interior Designer to fulfill the role of Healthcare Senior Interior Designer who can lead Interior Design projects and or work closely on Architectural projects in collaboration with an integrated team of professionals. A Senior Interior Designer at Stantec is a registered professional chiefly responsible for design excellence, technical quality, project delivery and execution. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate mastery of these compulsories while at the same time having a passion for the following: mentoring the next generation of interior designers, leveraging interior design to enhance teaching and learning, instilling a sustainable mindset, and growing business through presentations, interviews, and cultivation of client relationships.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with developing project proposals including Project Approach, Methodology, Workplan, and Fee
- Assist with preparing marketing materials including proposals, awards, etc.
- Build and inspire strong, efficient, effective, and driven interdisciplinary teams
- Lead, direct, and/or assist with client meetings and stakeholder engagement workshops including user group meetings
- Establish project deliverables including schedule, meetings, etc.
- Lead interdisciplinary project team meetings
- Lead the coordination of project deliverables including schedule, meetings, Peer Reviews, etc.
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design including programming, block planning, room data, space planning, construction detailing, material selection, furniture selection and specification
- Collaborating with Project Managers and team members to prepare internal project budgets, schedules, and work plans to ensure faithful adherence to design intent, budget, schedule, and agreed-upon work plan
- Participating in project coordination meetings with team members, contractors, and owners
- Analyzing, interpreting, and applying applicable codes, regulations, and requirements
- Collaborating with other designers to recommend materials, and details and faithfully executing the development of selected systems and details
- Proven ability to produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent
- Proven ability to participate in project team settings
- Proven ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
- Providing project leadership for adherence to design best practices including, importantly, principles of sustainable design
- Participating in and being accountable for the preparation of project specifications
- Participate in the bidding and negotiations phase and preparing addenda as required
- Executing contract documents during the construction phase and informing the process in order to maintain adherence to the design intent, quality standards, and contract documents
- Reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to requests for information, preparing observation reports, and completing other tasks associated with the construction phase
- Mentoring junior staff to increase planning, design, and documentation capacity in them and the studio
- Growing studio’s base of knowledge by sharing expertise through presentations to the studio and region
- Participating in the winning of new projects including collaborating with others to develop capture strategies, writing proposal collateral (e.g. description of quality assurance measures), interviewing with clients, and developing client relationships by participating in development meetings with clients, participating in client conferences, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in holistic design, systems thinking, construction, materials, sustainability, and technical design detailing
Your Capabilities and Credentials
As can be inferred from the list of responsibilities, they must be passionate about healthcare, educational and civic design; proficient in hand sketching and other design/documentation software (eg SketchUp; Revit and familiarity with Enscape is an asset); able to faithfully execute design intent while directing others to do the same; able to effectively execute project documentation while directing others to do the same; able to apply a host of codes and regulations to a variety of project types while directing others to do the same; able to rigorously adhere to design and construction best practices including best practices in sustainable design; able to mentor junior staff and grow the professional capacity of the studio and region; and willing to collaborate with leadership to market the firm and develop business.
At their best, a Senior Interior Designer at Stantec is design-oriented, task-driven, well-organized, open-minded and curious, an excellent drawer, an effective communicator, a rigorous thinker, and accountable to their team, firm leadership, and, ultimately, the project and client.
Education and Experience
A Senior Interior Designer at Stantec is a licensed interior designer with a minimum of 15 years leading project design, detailing, and documentation. Professionally accredited degree or diploma in interior design, ARIDO/IDC and NCIDQ credentials.
Healthcare experience is required; workplace, commercial, S T experience is an asset.
- Letter of interest, resume with list of representative projects, photographic and rendered examples of past work and examples of hand sketches.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Interior Designer
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2022, 9:03:44 AM
Req ID: 210001YN
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans