Senior Infrastructure Architect
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Infrastructure Architecture – Senior Infrastructure Architect
The Senior Infrastructure Architect is responsible for infrastructure architecture on-prem and cloud as well as technology capabilities standardization in support of business requirements and realization of Technology Infrastructure (TI) platforms and services. The role maintains strong partnerships with key enterprise stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture and TI technology teams to lead development of an end-to-end TI solutions architecture, technology standards and innovation for high complexity and high risk IT initiatives. The role provides technical leadership, vision, forward thinking, technical conflict resolution, cross-platform, integrated infrastructure designs and enables technical coordination and support for the delivery of the technology solution building blocks while ensuring a standards-driven approach.
What will you do?
- Assesses technical requirements (functional and non-functional), current state environment and technology choices on-prem and cloud (private and public) to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs.
- Defines end to end technical solutions (solution blueprint) that consider the architecture and technology strategies (both on-prem and cloud), current state environment and constraints. Analyzes the viability of the solutions to meet program timeline, budget and quality.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure or AWS within global enterprise environments.
- Identifies technical issues & risks and defines mitigation options and remediation approach.
- Act as key stakeholder for validation of new cloud or SaaS solutions adhere to architecture roadmap.
- Provides critical thinking, technical leadership to the program beginning at the idea creation stage.
- Develops and presents solution alternatives along with recommendations to executives and senior management.
- Identifies possible 3rd party vendor solutions and leads the technical evaluation of the identified vendor solution.
- Collaborates with Data Architecture, Application Architecture, Security Architecture, IT Security & Risk teams and Infrastructure SMEs to ensure that all aspects of the solution architecture comply with standards, while delivering value to the business.
- Presents solution architecture at the technology review forums, like peer-review and/or Architecture Review Board (ARB).
What do you need to succeed?
- 15+ years of IT experience – minimum 10 years of architecting, engineering or designing enterprise technologies within the areas of compute, network, storage and security is required.
- Proven experience in leading architecture of a large program from initiation to implementation.
- Expert knowledge and development of infrastructure deployment patterns and reference architectures.
- Working knowledge of financial applications as well as host based systems.
- Experience in developing systems architecture and solutions in a geographically dispersed team environment.
- Expert documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Must to have
- Solid experiences with a variety of technologies including server hardware and operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux, z/OS, HP Non-Stop, iSeries) and server virtualization.
- Expertise with various clustering technologies and high-availability solutions at network, host and application level.
- Experience with hyper-converged and XaaS infrastructure platforms.
- Expertise with assessing and defining resiliency, high-availability and disaster recovery capabilities at application, system and/or infrastructure level.
- Experience with key security design constructs, principles, platforms and services (Anti-malware, IDS, IPS, firewalls, security zoning, micro-segmentation, etc.)
- Expertise in various storage technology domains and platforms – SAN, NAS, Object, Archival and Data Protection.
- Working knowledge of application containerization technologies (e.g. Kubernetes.)
- Public Cloud platforms competencies (Microsoft Azure Platform, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform) would be an asset.
- Expertise in data center, campus and branch network architecture and designs for data and voice (e.g., WAN/SD-WAN, Spine-Leaf vs. Core-Distribution-Edge, etc.).
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.