Senior Information Security Cloud Advisor (Ottawa Hub)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 142069
Cost Centre: [[costCenter]]
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Scotiabank’s Security Advisory Services is responsible for providing advisory services to business lines, subsidiaries and affiliates enabling the achievement of the Bank's Information Security.
The Senior Information Security Cloud Advisor provides guidance to business lines to ensure that the design, development and implementation of projects and initiatives are in accordance with the Bank's Information Security Standards and in compliance with industry regulations. In this senior role, you will be supporting Scotia Digital business and lead information security risks assessments of digital banking solutions and advising on best practices to protect the Bank’s information assets.
Is this role right for you?
- You will be leading information security risk assessments and advise on risk mitigations for complex projects delivering innovative financial solutions.
- You have working experience in risk assessment, creating Threat Risk Assessment (TRA) reports and data classification, and have worked with Penetration testing reports.
- You are proficient in reviewing Architecture and Solution Design documentation and can identify and assess potential risks.
- You are knowledgeable in security architecture principles in multiple security domains (cloud security, application security, data protection, network security, Identity and Access Management, security engineering, security governance).
- You like conducting research on the latest security technologies and standards, and learning about the threat and vulnerability landscape.
- You are passionate about new cloud technologies and enjoy the challenges of implementing security controls to protect them.
- You enjoy collaboration with multiple stakeholders and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects in an agile way.
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re focused on being an employer of choice for the communities we serve and offering a hybrid work environment for top Tech talent in Canada’s capital city.
We’re creating a local ScotiaTech Hub in Ottawa. You’ll have the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Ottawa office for in-person moments that foster team cohesiveness and collaboration.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in security architecture, software development, and/or hands-on experience with implementations of cloud environments, security controls and cloud-based solutions.
- Solid knowledge of cloud technologies and services (GCP or Azure or AWS, Kubernetes and IAM, CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as a code).
- At least 5 years of experience conducting Threat Risk Assessments of complex, mission critical applications and confidential data assets.
- Familiar with industry standards and frameworks e.g. NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, ISO27002, ISO 27017, ISO27018, PCI DSS.
- Advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish is nice to have.
- Industry recognised security certification(s) (CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CRISC) is an asset.
- Certifications from major cloud providers is nice to have (Google, Microsoft or AWS).
What's in it for you?
- You will contribute to the digital transformation and help to modernize financial services in one of Canada’s leading Financial Institutions with a global presence.
- You will be working with the latest cloud technologies and collaborate with bright and motivated colleagues that strive for excellence in a very exciting environment.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits, and employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.