Senior Incident Recovery Specialist (Cloud Network Operations)
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Do you hate black boxes? Do you love to automate repetitive tasks? Do you love learning new technologies? Are you a coder who likes networking and servers who likes to code? The successful candidate will be a critical member of Service Delivery Environment / Rogers High Speed Internet team charged with operations and support of a DNS, DHCP and traffic traversing through Service Delivery IP Network. This position entails the care and feeding of a robust environment, in addition to interfacing directly with NOC, Engineering and Vendors to understand potential issues and provide remediation. The successful candidate will interact with product management and product development to understand operational requirements, implement new software components and product upgrades, and stay abreast of system performance and ultimately the customer experience. Please note that background checks are required as a condition of employment.
What you will be doing:
- Support/Monitor SDE/RHSI in a 7/24 environment
- Take ownership and strive to do work you're proud of. You believe in spreading (and acquiring) knowledge through collaboration
- Write automation code for troubleshooting and monitoring infrastructure at scale.
- Running high availability services in a production environment.
- Be available for On-Call duties
- Document all MOPs and processes.
- Understanding network security authentication and authorization as it relates to network flows and the delivery of applications and services
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving
- Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Ensure effective change management discipline is used.
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Server and Network infrastructure.
- Bachelors in Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience or certification with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advanced knowledge of network and Internet Protocols (i.e.: DNS, RADIUS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, HTTPS, NNTP, NTP, NFS, SNMP, LDAP, BGP, OSPF etc.), analysis, deep packet inspections.
- Competency in listed scripting language (PowerShell, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to write SQL queries
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional).
- CISSP (Nice to have).
- CEH (Nice to have).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment