Senior IAM Systems Engineer (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As the Senior IAM Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for leading, implementing, and supporting Authentication Services within RBC. The ideal candidate is passionate about authentication, security has experience building large-scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, pam, security, and in building complex rule-based systems for authorization.
What will you do?
- Participates in the full lifecycle of an Okta and associated IAM policies and processes from initial internal hand-off from Business Analysts and Project Program teams to installation, system configuration, and testing.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Okta Cloud Identity Solution architecture, tools, and products.
- Provide guidance for during the implementation from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security.
- Handle escalations where necessary and manage partner as well as internal resources expectations
- Participates in architecture and design discussions around solutions and enhancements
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies by leveraging automation and other techniques
- Documents detailed design and defines technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment, and constraints
- Creates and updates technical project documentation (ie. technical and configuration runbook, implementation plan, etc.)
- Builds and maintains dev environments that include but not limited to: ensuring RBC required patching is maintained, ensuring currency on applications including testing, hotfixes, and service packs, and supporting application integrations
- Prepares change requests, plans and coordinates all implementations for production and non-production environments
- Works with architecture and infrastructure SME’s to ensure that all aspects of the IAM solution architecture are defined and elaborated
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with team members, stakeholders, and interface groups using a variety of techniques
- Provides development and L3 production support along with other team members.
- Collaborates effectively with the development teams to work on and assess defects
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4-7 years of IAM experience with strong knowledge in development (installation, configuration, and coding) of Okta Cloud Identity Solution (SSO, MFA and associated IAM solutions)
- Deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience in developing and tuning highly scalable systems
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and authorization
- Familiarity with web services patterns/architectures, e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively.
- Okta Certified Consultant Certification
- Hands-on experience using a cloud-based big data stack such as Kinesis/Kafka, Spark/Storm, object storage such as AWS S3, messaging service (JMS, SQS), AWS Glue, SageMaker, Linux and Elasticsearch
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, garbage collection, and memory management
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with architecture and implementation of automation solutions using Ansible, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Git, JIRA, Confluence, and CI/CD tools
- DevOps experience with continuous integration/delivery best practices, technologies, and tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, and Urban Code Deploy
- Agile development practices experience
- Knowledge of business line(s)’ applications and processes
- IT standards, methodologies, CMM, and audit requirements
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.